Interesting find to me

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a park a few months back and scanned the sand area by some baby swings. I got a "choppy" signal but dug anyway. This was what I found:
IMG_0466.JPG
It is what I believe to be the decorative part of a stud earring. It looked gold at first in the light but looking over it there was signs of wear. :BangHead: When I showed a family member this, they said they believe it is actually a button. I said it looks too small and decorative to be a button. What do you guys think, button or stud earring? GL & HH!! :skullflag:

Upvote 0
I vote neither. Looks more like random decoration to me. A button is usually smooth around the edges to make it easier to poke them through a button hole. Yours would tear up that hole in short order if it were a button. It looks a bit big and clunky to be an earring. Is there evidence of a mounting stud or loop on the back side?

Little collar type pin, tie tack maybe?

I've found quite a few good targets by digging that "choppy" probably trash signal.
luvsdux

Tie tack with broken stud. Can't tell from the pic, but look close at the spot in the middle of the back. Does it appear to have a part broken off there? No doubt that's why it was in the dirt and not in someone's jewelry box :)

Yes it does appear broken. Knew that missing part was a pin, judging size. Never thought about tie tacks though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back