Interesting find...

TheButtonKing

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today,
I went to a new spot by myself and was using my Garrett at pro I found something cool. I went out there for like 6 hours and this spot was old old, so I didn't find much signals and all of them were like 8-10 inches deep. All the iron was like 8 inches deep and I was really excited about that and I went on to find 3 flat buttons that look early 1800's maybe. And this find was cool. I got something around a 60 as a signal and I dug about 8 inches and found this smile shaped "piece of junk". I thought I saw a design on it and I looked again. It said 1858 and I was like, what the heck and I looked on the back part of the piece and it showed a part of a wreath and on the front, (it showed I saw later a part of the person sitting). I got so happy because that "would"have been my first full seated dime of course if it were full. Oh well, I was still happy. Sorry for my long rant. Had to save that part for last. ~Thanks, TheButtonKing
Here's some pics:
20170303_183047.jpg 20170303_182950.jpg
20170303_182838.jpg
Side Note: What do you guys think those pieces were off of?

Upvote 6

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds
Something really chewed that target (s) up.
No lawn mowers back then to do that kind of damage.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some pretty cool finds! Those buttons are nice. That is too bad about that dime. I wonder why someone did that. Maybe they got bored, had a dime and decided to pound on it with a hammer. The mystery pieces are very strange, don't know what they are.

OP
OP
T

TheButtonKing

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your finds
Something really chewed that target (s) up.
No lawn mowers back then to do that kind of damage.
:laughing7: ya. We were thinking the dime might have been shot at and then broken in half by like an implement in later years but idk about the other things

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheButtonKing

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some pretty cool finds! Those buttons are nice. That is too bad about that dime. I wonder why someone did that. Maybe they got bored, had a dime and decided to pound on it with a hammer. The mystery pieces are very strange, don't know what they are.
I know. I was pretty annoyed about that but its still cool that it somehow didn't cut the date off at all. But, I still wish it was full.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread