Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though one member recently told me that I was wasting everyone's time with my posts, I'm going to ignore him and continue to ask for y'alls help until the admins tell me otherwise :)

Found this piece of slag yesterday in the woods near my house near the site of an old mill, very close to where I've found very old hand-forged nails. It's heavy-ish, with a specific gravity of about 4.5. It's about 1 inch by 3 inch

It hits around an 85 on the Ace (aluminum cans and coins), with occasional blips of 39, which is usually nickel.

I find tin-can slag around there a lot, but it is much denser, with a SG of about 8. That's what I thought this was at first.

The shiny parts are really throwing me. Never seen anything like it. It feels/looks like chrome. Any ideas what it might be made of?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My drill instructor in boot camp insisted that the only stupid question is the one you don,t ask,if you don,t know and don,t know where to go to find out ask away,there,s a bunch of smart people on here and 99.9% don,t mind helping.

Upvote 0

NonsequiturI

Feb 21, 2021
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion, but in one of the pics it looks like someone took a blowtorch to the teeth of a circular saw.....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread