Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out for a couple hours after work before it got too dark. Went to a permission where in the past I pulled out a Merc and a silver Washington quarter. There is a lot of iron trash and smashed bullets so I set my reactivity to 4 with silencer -1 and lo and behold I was able to hear a high-pitched signal and pick out a target bouncing between 90 and 94. Out of the plug was small bits of iron but down in the hole 4 inches or so deep came out this interesting ring I believe to be silver. I took a picture before cleaning it, when I did clean it all I did was rub a little baking soda with water on it and it cleaned up just like silver.

There is no markings on it but tomorrow I will test it with silver tester. The interesting thing with this ring is it's webbed almost like a watch band or bracelet but it's a ring. You can see the black tarnish in the detail so I believe it's silver, also came out of the hole like silver for something that was pretty deep. It weighs 10.2 g with the jeweler scale.

Sorry no junk pictures again left in the car in my pouch, only other notable find was an ox shoe.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474509342.116742.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474509355.720338.jpg

Now cleaned slightly with baking soda and warm water.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474509433.159287.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474509445.046204.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474509455.669239.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474509469.913012.jpg

Upvote 24
Very cool find - Congrats! :occasion14:

Terry, that ring is terrific--congrats. I've seen stretch-mesh rings before, but not one like yours! Great stuff. -Lisa & John

Dude that is sweeeeeet I keep all my rings in a display case the ones the wife and kids don't try to get that one is really nice. I know old silver and gold didn't get the hallmarks on them
!!Either way great find just by condition I say old silver. Thanks for sharing i9t keep it up

Never saw one like that before. That's a biggun. Congrats!

I was doing an Internet search for mesh rings, found that Tiffany's makes mesh bands and their Hallmark is inside on a plate. First photo is the Tiffany's example, second photo is the ring I found and look at the flat spots were a plate may have been soldered onto the mesh and fell off.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474513222.349614.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474513237.774821.jpg

Looks about right that is a great find I once found a tiffany a co silver ring I think it got hit by a lawn mower!!Nice find

Congratulations on the cool ring! I hope it is what we all hope it is. Can you get back to the hole and look for the tag?

Very nice ring, Congrats!

Congratulations on the cool ring! I hope it is what we all hope it is. Can you get back to the hole and look for the tag?

I was thinking the same thing, I can find the area and probably the hole, might give it a try. Thanks for reply

That is one sweet unique ring DD, love it. Congrats on the find.

VERY nice ring!! Have said many times how much I'm not a jewelry person, but that ring actually looks like it would be quite comfortable, regardless of it's AWESOME size! :headbang::occasion14:

Very interesting ring and band, congratulations! :occasion14:

I was going to suggest Tiffany as I found one of the mesh Tiffany rings.

I have found two of those T&C rings. Yours probably isn't made by them only because theirs did not have a solid plate with a design on it. Another reason is in enlarging your pictures, you can see some of the link ends. T@C always close and silver solder the ends. Yours of course could have broken.

No reason yours can't be silver. And maybe T&C made one that is vintage and not listed. You could probably write them and inquire. I like it. A nice find. I am sure vintage but no idea of what year it was made.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back