What's new

Interesting story with one of todays finds.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lillian, Alabama, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a swimming area early this morning and I found a dog's tag with the owners name, address and phone number on it. It's made out of stainless steel by a specialty company in Wisconsin. I was sitting here in front of the computer getting ready to put my finds on here and decided to call the number on the tag and see if they wanted it back. The gentleman that answered the phone said Lucky had been dead about 20 years and he was a laborador and loved to play in the water. I told him I would mail it back to him if he wanted it back and he said he would really like to have it back. I got his zip code and I'll be putting it in the mail tomorrow. I know this whole story might not mean a whole lot to most people but I thought they must have cared a lot about their dog to make sure it was identified. Well, I had tags like that made for my pets too. Here is my lack luster finds for today. Thanks for looking

Danglangley
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7982.webp
    IMG_7982.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_7980.webp
    IMG_7980.webp
    11 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_7981.webp
    IMG_7981.webp
    13 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_7984.webp
    IMG_7984.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_7986.webp
    IMG_7986.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_7987.webp
    IMG_7987.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_7989.webp
    IMG_7989.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 832
Upvote 0
WOW. . . :) wonderful outcome to your find :thumbsup:
 
thats a shlitz can top from the 60s. :thumbsup:
 
the ? item is a jewish talisman "protective" iitem -- its known as the hamesh hand
 
Great find and a great story. That was really nice of you to return the dog tag. My dog lost her tag on the beach in Jacksonville, NC not too long ago. Hopefully someone will find it and be nice enough to return it like you did. :)
 
Thank you all for the great replies. Hope you found a good one today.

DANGLANGLEY
 
That brought a tear to mine eye... :crybaby2:

Nice work !!

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
AWW! Poor Lucky. I bet you brought back a bunch of great memories for those folks. :) You did good, Langley. :wink:


Nana :)
 
Looks like a bunch of interesting finds, and the best one, in my opinion is the dog tag. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm one of those guys who would love to get that call and get the tag back, too.

Nice job DL!! :angel7:
 
mrtuff said:
thats a shlitz can top from the 60s. :thumbsup:

How would you know that? ;D You must have drank one back in 61. lol

Dang,
Great story. Pets become part of the family. Lucky was lucky you found his tag.
Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom