What's new

Interesting Tool

Road Dog

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
815
Reaction score
393
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Here is an interesting tool I found today. It is made from the same material as hammerstones. I believe it is a tool to make arrowheads by direct percussion. It has tip wear and crude finger holds on the side. The points from this site were made using direct percussion. Hammerstones were used to strike material from the core while these more precise tools were used to shape the actual arrowhead.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03957.webp
    DSC03957.webp
    121.6 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC03959.webp
    DSC03959.webp
    120.8 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC03960.webp
    DSC03960.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
i aint sure i agree with that....
 
we have flint knappers here that can give you info.
 
Looks natural to me but im not a knapper.
 
Not sure I agree either , but it kinda made sense. All this material is used for I have found on this site is hammerstones and hand axes. Material is good for high impact. Definate tip wear. Big Tooth pick?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom