Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up crew. I have been on here for a while now, however, I have never had the opportunity to formally introduce myself.

My name is Jared, I am 25 and live in Chevy Chase, MD. I grew up in Charles Town, WV, went to school at WVU and received a degree in Anthropology, with an emphasis in Archaeology and Criminology. I am now a Financial Analyst for a government contracting firm...not at all what I want to be doing for the rest of me life, however it is paying to bills right now.

I started seriously metal detecting about a year ago, started in my parents yard, found a few old horseshoes and shtogun shells, and became frustrated with the hobby within weeks. I have never been a very patient person. There is a huge road construction project going on in my town, so I decided to detect an area that had been topped and gutted. A few days later I found my first minieball and was instantly hooked. It turns out that the road had been there since the Civil War and was right next to the tracks.

I ended up with a few more interesting relics and one wheat penny, but that was all.

Anyway, since then I have found several miniballs, a roundball, a piece of a cannonball, several wheats, a few Rosies, and my favorite coin...a 1937 Walker. My favorite find so far is a carriage tag from the McFarlan Carriage Company. They were in business from 1853-1909 when they became the McFarlan Motor Company.

Anyway, keep it real and good luck!

Hey Kiros,
Welcome! Nice to get to know ya! Yeah, I know what you mean about getting frustrated. We all wax and wane now and then. Just part of the game. Glad to hear you finally hit a good spot. You just never know! Keep it up and you'll find more. Lots of hints and tips floating around here!

- Noodle

Check out that road work again. Every time they move dirt around it could expose more goodies.
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back