What's new

Investors

dax82

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
orange county, ca
Detector(s) used
nokta impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, my name Greg and I’ve been dreaming of treasure hunting/saving history since I was a child. I have a question to put to you guys and I’m hoping someone can give me some helpful advice. I wanna raise around 250k to go to 5 different lost treasures that I’ve been researching for years, I know I will find atleast one of them, I know that might sound ridiculous to u guys but it isn’t at all to me. This has been all I’ve ever wanted to do and I’ve done all the research I can and I’m ready move forward I just need enough people to believe I can do it. I also plan on looking in other locations not just the 5 and checking out the Gold Coast and the waters surrounding it and the keys. I’ve done the math and figure that 250k is enough to cover proper equipment, lawyers, travel and everything else I’m going to need. When I get funded I’m going to dedicate my life to finding the next big treasure, I will move in with my mom and Dad and do nothing but search until I find what I’m looking for and make my family and investors happy. My question to you guys is how would you guys raise the money. I’m sorry for the rant but this is all I’ve thought about for years and I know I’ll succeed I just want help on how to get it done and not anyone telling me I’ll fail or I can’t do it. Any advice on how you would get the money and investors will be very helpful. Thank you all very much for your input.
 
Thats a hard one. Chances are you will be on your own. Go to the area you think the treasures are, get a job to support yourself and search in your spare time. Once you find your first treasure and it is proven that you know what you are talking about then investors will come.
 
Best of luck to you. Search for one treasure at a time.
 
It's inspiring that you want to find treasure but like Ammoman said, you would be taken more seriously, by investors, if you had one or two great discoveries under your belt.
Good luck!
 
Hi, my name Greg and I’ve been dreaming of treasure hunting/saving history since I was a child. I have a question to put to you guys and I’m hoping someone can give me some helpful advice. I wanna raise around 250k to go to 5 different lost treasures that I’ve been researching for years, I know I will find atleast one of them, I know that might sound ridiculous to u guys but it isn’t at all to me. This has been all I’ve ever wanted to do and I’ve done all the research I can and I’m ready move forward I just need enough people to believe I can do it. I also plan on looking in other locations not just the 5 and checking out the Gold Coast and the waters surrounding it and the keys. I’ve done the math and figure that 250k is enough to cover proper equipment, lawyers, travel and everything else I’m going to need. When I get funded I’m going to dedicate my life to finding the next big treasure, I will move in with my mom and Dad and do nothing but search until I find what I’m looking for and make my family and investors happy. My question to you guys is how would you guys raise the money. I’m sorry for the rant but this is all I’ve thought about for years and I know I’ll succeed I just want help on how to get it done and not anyone telling me I’ll fail or I can’t do it. Any advice on how you would get the money and investors will be very helpful. Thank you all very much for your input.

Hello Dax, and welcome to the Forum! :occasion14:

Your estimate for the funds you'll need are not realistic. I have put together dozens of expeditions domestically and overseas. Permits, armed guards, local officials, vehicles, horses, camels, elephants in one case - all way more expensive than you can imagine. You'll need a TEAM first. That is what your investors will look at. Experience - which you do not have, is not cheap when it comes to treasure hunting. Yes, it takes money to find money. It pays for itself less than 3% of the time.

Scale back, take your time learning the trade, researching the REAL costs of doing business, and teaching yourself the odds. Big Gold! :skullflag:
 
dax82,
Welcome to Treasure Net !
Your enthusiasm is refreshing !!
Others may have said above what I'm about to write.
Suggestions:
Don't give up your day job until your treasure hunting is successful; meaning you've made enough from TH-ing to live off the profits for at least six months.
Do thorough research. For every dollar you invest in research, you'll be saving many times that in the field (land and water recoveries).
Once you have a general location of your treasure, determine what permits will be needed from landowners, government agencies, etc. (and their cost in terms of money and division) you will need to extract (recover) your treasure.
Years ago, I created an acronym for the ingredients of a treasure project. CREPPT; not necessary to obtain in this order, but all need to be covered; espeically if you seek investor $.
Capital, Research, Equipment, Personnel, Permits and Target. If your investor presentation contains these items, you'll have a better than average chance of attracting capital.
Don......
 
Wow thanks I really didn’t expect anyone to give me advice, so I’m going to keep pushing forward and scale back and work on one thing at a time. Thx a lot everyone.
 
ask the experts on the shipwreck forum
 
I will move in with my mom and Dad and do nothing but search until I find what I’m looking for and make my family and investors happy.

Every parents dream. Have an adult son in the basement.

My advice would be to store your stuff with your parents but keep close to the site where you propose the "treasure" is located. If it could be found in your parents house or by sitting at a computer we'd all be rich.
 
Have you read Karl Von Mueller's books? If not I suggest reading them as they are firsthand knowledge from someone with vast experience !
 
I agree with all great comments above, take their advice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom