Investors

dax82

Dec 8, 2012
orange county, ca
Detector(s) used
nokta impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, my name Greg and I’ve been dreaming of treasure hunting/saving history since I was a child. I have a question to put to you guys and I’m hoping someone can give me some helpful advice. I wanna raise around 250k to go to 5 different lost treasures that I’ve been researching for years, I know I will find atleast one of them, I know that might sound ridiculous to u guys but it isn’t at all to me. This has been all I’ve ever wanted to do and I’ve done all the research I can and I’m ready move forward I just need enough people to believe I can do it. I also plan on looking in other locations not just the 5 and checking out the Gold Coast and the waters surrounding it and the keys. I’ve done the math and figure that 250k is enough to cover proper equipment, lawyers, travel and everything else I’m going to need. When I get funded I’m going to dedicate my life to finding the next big treasure, I will move in with my mom and Dad and do nothing but search until I find what I’m looking for and make my family and investors happy. My question to you guys is how would you guys raise the money. I’m sorry for the rant but this is all I’ve thought about for years and I know I’ll succeed I just want help on how to get it done and not anyone telling me I’ll fail or I can’t do it. Any advice on how you would get the money and investors will be very helpful. Thank you all very much for your input.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a hard one. Chances are you will be on your own. Go to the area you think the treasures are, get a job to support yourself and search in your spare time. Once you find your first treasure and it is proven that you know what you are talking about then investors will come.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's inspiring that you want to find treasure but like Ammoman said, you would be taken more seriously, by investors, if you had one or two great discoveries under your belt.
Good luck!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, my name Greg and I’ve been dreaming of treasure hunting/saving history since I was a child. I have a question to put to you guys and I’m hoping someone can give me some helpful advice. I wanna raise around 250k to go to 5 different lost treasures that I’ve been researching for years, I know I will find atleast one of them, I know that might sound ridiculous to u guys but it isn’t at all to me. This has been all I’ve ever wanted to do and I’ve done all the research I can and I’m ready move forward I just need enough people to believe I can do it. I also plan on looking in other locations not just the 5 and checking out the Gold Coast and the waters surrounding it and the keys. I’ve done the math and figure that 250k is enough to cover proper equipment, lawyers, travel and everything else I’m going to need. When I get funded I’m going to dedicate my life to finding the next big treasure, I will move in with my mom and Dad and do nothing but search until I find what I’m looking for and make my family and investors happy. My question to you guys is how would you guys raise the money. I’m sorry for the rant but this is all I’ve thought about for years and I know I’ll succeed I just want help on how to get it done and not anyone telling me I’ll fail or I can’t do it. Any advice on how you would get the money and investors will be very helpful. Thank you all very much for your input.

Hello Dax, and welcome to the Forum! :occasion14:

Your estimate for the funds you'll need are not realistic. I have put together dozens of expeditions domestically and overseas. Permits, armed guards, local officials, vehicles, horses, camels, elephants in one case - all way more expensive than you can imagine. You'll need a TEAM first. That is what your investors will look at. Experience - which you do not have, is not cheap when it comes to treasure hunting. Yes, it takes money to find money. It pays for itself less than 3% of the time.

Scale back, take your time learning the trade, researching the REAL costs of doing business, and teaching yourself the odds. Big Gold! :skullflag:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
dax82,
Welcome to Treasure Net !
Your enthusiasm is refreshing !!
Others may have said above what I'm about to write.
Suggestions:
Don't give up your day job until your treasure hunting is successful; meaning you've made enough from TH-ing to live off the profits for at least six months.
Do thorough research. For every dollar you invest in research, you'll be saving many times that in the field (land and water recoveries).
Once you have a general location of your treasure, determine what permits will be needed from landowners, government agencies, etc. (and their cost in terms of money and division) you will need to extract (recover) your treasure.
Years ago, I created an acronym for the ingredients of a treasure project. CREPPT; not necessary to obtain in this order, but all need to be covered; espeically if you seek investor $.
Capital, Research, Equipment, Personnel, Permits and Target. If your investor presentation contains these items, you'll have a better than average chance of attracting capital.
Don......

OP
OP
D

dax82

Dec 8, 2012
orange county, ca
Detector(s) used
nokta impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow thanks I really didn’t expect anyone to give me advice, so I’m going to keep pushing forward and scale back and work on one thing at a time. Thx a lot everyone.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask the experts on the shipwreck forum

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will move in with my mom and Dad and do nothing but search until I find what I’m looking for and make my family and investors happy.

Every parents dream. Have an adult son in the basement.

My advice would be to store your stuff with your parents but keep close to the site where you propose the "treasure" is located. If it could be found in your parents house or by sitting at a computer we'd all be rich.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you read Karl Von Mueller's books? If not I suggest reading them as they are firsthand knowledge from someone with vast experience !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread