Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I get that too. I'm on the iPhone 4 with AT&T.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recent update on my nexus phone OS on Verizon has caused issues for me on Treasurenet phone ap that I didn't have before the update on nexus phone app, they started immediately after update so I know its not TN website or its phone app..

Just FYI,.......

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm... Treasure_Hunter, the fact that you're not on an iPhone like me and Ground Inspector makes me think it IS an app issue rather than an iOS-specific bug. I work on apps for a living (product manage, not develop) and you've given me a good clue. My guess is there's an issue with the notification system, which isn't device specific. It's probably getting clogged or delayed somehow, and once a thread is read, the alert stays active. Then when it pushes through the bottleneck your phone lights up with all the delayed alerts!

Well, I'm hoping we've pointed something out to TNet. Even with the glitch I still love the app.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some time to think more about this as we do push notifications in our apps...

It could be that the app itself isn't making a call to the server often enough to retrieve the push, but once you launch the app it forces the call. We had a similar issue that was fixed in an updated build. So, the user would launch the app and see the alert, but the alert wasn't coming through "real time" or "soon time."

Hoping this helps the developers debug.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it is iOS 6.
I'm getting the same thing on my iPad 3 that is not updated to iOS 6. I have iOS 5.1.1 running on it.
Out of nowhere I start getting all these updates on threads I have subscribed to.
It started like 2 days ago.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. Methinks a server side issue.

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has this just started happening recently? We haven't changed the app itself, however the notifications are handled through a third party. I will look into this and see what I can find.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will update this thread with any results.

Wondering if anyone else has seen a recent glitch with the iPhone app. I have a 4S on Verizon. I'm not getting individual alerts when a post I'm subscribed to is updated... then later I get about 5-20 alerts all at once! Is it just me? Perhaps an iOS 6 bug?

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can confirm that the third-party company (ForumRunner) has been receiving other complaints today of similar problems. I've added a bug report for TreasureNet as well and will watch for any updates.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx for your attention to this!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir........... My problem is on my end, before the OS update I had no problem accessing server same as I do on my desktop, I can still access it with no problem, but now I have issue with the keypad on my smartphone not coming up when I want to type. Had no problem at all before the OS upgrade.... It works fine on other sites, but Im not on them the length of time Im on TN with smartphone either.....

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Every few hours I get 3 notifications over and over again. About 20 of each. I hope they fix this. I even turned off the notifications and it still happened.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're still getting notifications, try turning off the alert sound as well. That's what I did till its fixed.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you guys heard back from your 3rd party developer? Issue is still in full effect.

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have heard back from then, however their response was "Thanks for notifying us about this, we're looking into the issue now." .. So hopefully we'll get something back today. I'll keep you posted..

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Well, I do appreciate it. Thx!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, still getting it on my iPad too.
Says I have 7 new messages or updates and when I go on and look its only like 2.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally had to uninstall the app. The alerts were non-stop and kept causing my phone to lock-up. I'll check back to see if you hear back from your vendor. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread