Iranian ancient things

Amon

Greenie
May 20, 2024
These are some ancient things I found
These around my farm I live in iran west azerbijan province. I think these things are before the islam

IMG_1988.jpeg IMG_1978.jpeg IMG_1989.jpeg

Upvote 7

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That disc made of ? is interesting looking.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds thanks for posting and WELCOME to Treasurenet :)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are the coins measurements? (in inches or mm). Can the dirt be cleaned off, and another image taken with something in the image to show a size reference. Can you measure the coin in inches or mm?

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin looks more like a jeton or counter token. The symbols on it are a type of magical device, often found on old hunting sword blades.
These sword I share I found quickly ...I have seen some with the symbol much more like yours with all the stars in that fashion.

Screenshot_20240521-162432~2.png Screenshot_20240521-162447~2.png Screenshot_20240521-162225.png Screenshot_20240521-162155.png Screenshot_20240521-161947.png Screenshot_20240521-162010.png
I think they are very similar, and this is my best guess only

OP
OP
Amon

Amon

Greenie
May 20, 2024
What are the coins measurements? (in inches or mm). Can the dirt be cleaned off, and another image taken with something in the image to show a size reference. Can you measure the coin in inches or mm
It is 14 mm and it is not dirt, it is a stain
And this stain is a measure for the value of a coin in Iran
And some people say this is a native coin
And in Iran, such coins and Sasanid and Parthan coins are sold at the price of 400K

IMG_2011.jpeg IMG_2012.jpeg

OP
OP
Amon

Amon

Greenie
May 20, 2024
The coin looks more like a jeton or counter token. The symbols on it are a type of magical device, often found on old hunting sword blades.
These sword I share I found quickly ...I have seen some with the symbol much more like yours with all the stars in that fashion.

View attachment 2150301 View attachment 2150302 View attachment 2150303 View attachment 2150304 View attachment 2150305 View attachment 2150306
I think they are very similar, and this is my best guess only
Wow you’re right
These coins mostly belong to which region?
According to the old people of my village , there is a ancient cemetery near my farm and it is a low hill, and I found these objects on that hill, and there are many pottery around there and there is the place of registration of Iran's cultural heritage.

OP
OP
Amon

Amon

Greenie
May 20, 2024
The coin(s) are great, the pottery fragments are amazing!
Thanks!
There are many broken pottery jars around the hill near my farm
It is an ancient area and I remember that there was an unbroken pottery jar with a fish carved on it, unfortunately I have lost it.

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Shure others know more about these coins then I do. I think they come from a wide range across Europe going back to medieval times?
The symbols on it originate from? The near East?
Back in ancient times people would put magic spells on pottery bowls and then smash them...
Has the coin been tested as solid gold??

OP
OP
Amon

Amon

Greenie
May 20, 2024
I am Shure others know more about these coins then I do. I think they come from a wide range across Europe going back to medieval times?
The symbols on it originate from? The near East?
Back in ancient times people would put magic spells on pottery bowls and then smash them...
Has the coin been tested as solid gold??
Yes, I think it is from the near east
And if the Near East is related to the Scythians, and the Scythians are the Aryan people of today
Yes, this is a solid gold coin
And what do you think?

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting. Have you done a gold test? Nice find.

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the location you found it is a little suspicious , but possible. I think it looks a little suspicious also, the way it's made almost looks cast... But I don't know if that's necessarily bad in this case.
If it's gold for certain then I think it's likely really important. And figuring out would be probably worth while.

I don't know why you mention

" if the Near East is related to the Scythians, and the Scythians are the Aryan people of today"

I think there's alot that can be said about the above, but is it relevant?

What's your thoughts exactly?

If it's gold sell it as high as you can ultimately
Gold coins are out of my league...
You'd probably want to learn as much as you can about it first..
That's it for my thoughts
I'd like to learn more about it also...

OP
OP
Amon

Amon

Greenie
May 20, 2024
I think the location you found it is a little suspicious , but possible. I think it looks a little suspicious also, the way it's made almost looks cast... But I don't know if that's necessarily bad in this case.
If it's gold for certain then I think it's likely really important. And figuring out would be probably worth while.

I don't know why you mention

" if the Near East is related to the Scythians, and the Scythians are the Aryan people of today"

I think there's alot that can be said about the above, but is it relevant?

What's your thoughts exactly?

If it's gold sell it as high as you can ultimately
Gold coins are out of my league...
You'd probably want to learn as much as you can about it first..
That's it for my thoughts
I'd like to learn more about it also...
The Scythians were nomadic people
They migrated from the Middle East to Europe
And I think that this coin is one of them
I took the gold test of the coin and it is gold
And finding customers for ancient tools in Iran is dangerous
For example, most of them cooperate with the government
If the government knows that I have this coin, they will confiscate all my assets
And this calamity has happened to many of the other people
And their locations are strange Do you think this is a native coin?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread