Ireland anybody ???

ramonan16

Greenie
Oct 15, 2007
hi all,im new to this site and to metal detecting too,ive just bought my first metal dector and i was just wondering is there anybody on this site from Ireland,if so where are you from,i live in co cavan but also go to bundoran quite alot.I am also seeking info on where to go dectecting in these two areas. Also could anybody tell me on what is the story about the legal side of detecting in Ireland,as it seems to be a little hit and miss from what i have read....many thanks.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Welcome to Tnet and I am sure that you will find this site very helpful. There are a couple of members from the UK that might have some info on hunting in Ireland. The only thing I can recommend is to research it under local laws and ordinances. Good Luck and look forward to some of you postings.
HH Roy

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Difficult area for detection. Northern Ireland more restricted than England though you can detect with permission. There are even a few detecting clubs.
Southern Ireland is risky on land even with permission. It would be up to you to PROVE your not after ancient artifacts.
Even some beaches and river estuaries are out of bounds.

Check the regs at the following site http://www.ukdetectornet.co.uk/scemd.htm

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread