jerseyben Gold Member Joined Nov 18, 2010 Messages 5,216 Reaction score 2,180 Golden Thread 0 Location NJ Pine Barrens Detector(s) used T2 SE Primary Interest: Other Feb 3, 2013 #1 I have no idea what this is. Looks iridescent, similar to mother of pearl. Feels very smooth and cool to the touch. It passed the "hot pin" test so it is not plastic. Any ideas, please? Attachments IMG_2899.webp 10 KB · Views: 198 IMG_2900.webp 10.3 KB · Views: 147 Upvote 0
I have no idea what this is. Looks iridescent, similar to mother of pearl. Feels very smooth and cool to the touch. It passed the "hot pin" test so it is not plastic. Any ideas, please?
bsit1361 Bronze Member Joined Feb 23, 2010 Messages 1,492 Reaction score 895 Golden Thread 0 Location md Feb 3, 2013 #2 Not sure but its beautiful. What's the story behind it? Was it found in a known site? I take it by your name it was found in New Jersey.
Not sure but its beautiful. What's the story behind it? Was it found in a known site? I take it by your name it was found in New Jersey.
surf Silver Member Joined Jan 10, 2013 Messages 2,839 Reaction score 1,461 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used seeing eye shovel Primary Interest: Other Feb 3, 2013 #3 similar to mother of pearl Click to expand... How'ya doin, jerseyben, It looks very mother of pearly to me, as well. What's the backstory, please?
similar to mother of pearl Click to expand... How'ya doin, jerseyben, It looks very mother of pearly to me, as well. What's the backstory, please?
A AnnieF Full Member Joined Jul 26, 2012 Messages 248 Reaction score 76 Golden Thread 0 Location Western NC Primary Interest: Prospecting Feb 3, 2013 #4 Looks like a cane handle.
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 3, 2013 #5 AnnieF said: Looks like a cane handle. Click to expand... I have to agree with AnnieF. Pretty much historic (not that old).
AnnieF said: Looks like a cane handle. Click to expand... I have to agree with AnnieF. Pretty much historic (not that old).
jerseyben Gold Member Joined Nov 18, 2010 Messages 5,216 Reaction score 2,180 Golden Thread 0 Location NJ Pine Barrens Detector(s) used T2 SE Primary Interest: Other Feb 3, 2013 Thread Owner #6 While I agree that it does look like a cane handle, it only measures 3.5" long. This was purchased at an auction, so I have no additional info to provide.
While I agree that it does look like a cane handle, it only measures 3.5" long. This was purchased at an auction, so I have no additional info to provide.
BosnMate Gold Member Joined Sep 10, 2010 Messages 6,942 Reaction score 8,441 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro Primary Interest: Other Feb 3, 2013 #7 looks like mother of pearl to me also.
jamey Silver Member Joined Feb 3, 2007 Messages 3,094 Reaction score 1,925 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 5, 2013 #8 it looks like coral to me,highly pollished though and really old like when oceans are not were they used to be Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
it looks like coral to me,highly pollished though and really old like when oceans are not were they used to be