Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
East of M-50 on US 12 in SE Michigan is an area called Irish Hills. When My kids where younger 20+ years ago, the wife and I would travel to this area for a day of fun with the kids. Water parks, Old Frontier town, Mystery Hill, Dinosaur Park, Go Kart tracks, etc. All with in a 5 - 10 mile stretch of road on US12.

Today for the first time in ages we went through that area and all those old places are closed down and over grown. Talk about a MD paradise.
The biggest problem would be finding out who owns the property's and getting permission.

Thought I'd pass it along to anyone interested, I doubt I'd ever get back up there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=iri...S55oHIDw&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1242&bih=585#imgdii=_

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. I remember going there too as a kid 40 years ago. Shame to see all of the MI landmarks shutting down. Boblo Island is another place. I bet those places are state owned now. I'd take the detector over there and wait to get tossed out lol. Good luck and happy hunting from Los Angeles from a reformed Michagander.

MyriadMinds

Sep 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live out in Irish Hills now and just got into metal detecting. I enjoy the under water better, but I would be remiss not to inquire about those land mark vacation spots. I live 10 minutes from them and will look into getting permission. The gokart track on M12 is for sale or lease so I'm sure they won't mind - although the water slide doesn't look to sturdy back there and I'm sure there is lots of poison ivy in the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread