What's new

Iron Arrow or Spear Head ?

FortBedfordbob

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
862
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
I found this today at the Colonial site we've been at. We have gotten a few Inidan relic there also. If someone would know for sure if this is maybe a Trade Relic, Point ??? . I would like to know. You can see a piece on the lower left of the point that is folded over to the front. Thanks much BB
 

Attachments

  • morelargies 001.webp
    morelargies 001.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 323
Need a side view, but from what we can see it looks like it might have had three rivets, making it probably a trowel or other similar tool handle.
 
Upvote 0
Good eye Johnny,also they didnt normally have that long of a shank?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys, here's a side and back side view. BB
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
Yea, I am saying handle for something.Very cool though!I bet if an Indian got possession of it it would have been a spear point though! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I've seen these before. I think it may have been welded to one of those wool combs or something like that Bob. I see y'all did well again. Congrats.. :) Mike
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Yeah, I've seen these before. I think it may have been welded to one of those wool combs or something like that Bob. I see y'all did well again. Congrats.. :) Mike
Good call Curry Comb. horse curry comb.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom