What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Long shot

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this button today, domed, one piece… I know it’s not much to go on but i figured worth a shot, any info would be great, all I can say is seems old. I found a similarly constructed one in an 1830’s trade site. But this one was found in a field near a site with 1860’s coins and a couple civil war cavalry buttons.
I tried to get an Andres pencil on the back but it’s so small it’s tough to get clean, I don’t think there’s markings but I’m afraid if I really work it I may break it. The front seems to have an odd raised pattern /non pattern. Sure would be great if anyone recognizes it but not holding my breath
IMG_9579.webp
IMG_9577.webp
IMG_9576.webp

Next to Indian head cent
IMG_9591.webp
 
I was looking at civil war general service buttons for my other thread and stumbled on these, not exactly right but seems one piecedomed buttons were around in the mid 1800’s so it’s probably from roughly the civil war era like the other stuff I find there.
IMG_9658.webp

IMG_9659.webp
 
Upvote 1
Found this button today, domed, one piece… I know it’s not much to go on but i figured worth a shot, any info would be great, all I can say is seems old. I found a similarly constructed one in an 1830’s trade site. But this one was found in a field near a site with 1860’s coins and a couple civil war cavalry buttons.
I tried to get an Andres pencil on the back but it’s so small it’s tough to get clean, I don’t think there’s markings but I’m afraid if I really work it I may break it. The front seems to have an odd raised pattern /non pattern. Sure would be great if anyone recognizes it but not holding my breath
View attachment 2206420View attachment 2206421View attachment 2206422
Next to Indian head cent
View attachment 2206423
I see the shank in the front of the button. Could it have had a separate face?
 
Upvote 1
Possibly, I’ve wondered if the front is showing the shank too. all I can say is it has the feel of a complete one piece button, but I’m no expert
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom