What's new

Iron box from a british WWII trench

Matteo La Boccia

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
292
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea about this box? About 15x15x3 cm. Thanks!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1976.webp
    IMG_1976.webp
    285.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1977.webp
    IMG_1977.webp
    441.4 KB · Views: 93
Nothing inside? Maybe a case for a delicate tool or instrument?
 
Upvote 0
Nothing inside? Maybe a case for a delicate tool or instrument?

It is closed. I think it can have something inside but I have not idea how to open without destroy box....
 
Upvote 0
I doubt the box is worth much. More likely the contents are worth a lot more.....if there are contents. Maybe a little penetrating oil on the latch and hinges will help. I wouldn't soak the box, as you don't want to take a chance of ruining whatever is inside.
 
Upvote 0
nobody cares about a rusty box. If there is any value it would be in the unknown contents. Most likely its an empty case, not long for the trash heap
 
Upvote 0
put a little torch heat to the latch and hinge not enough to burn it up, just get it hot then spray with WD40 To cool it , it may open then. the expansion and contraction breaks rust .
 
Upvote 0
Hope it's not a landmine...
 
Upvote 0
That is really cool AND I salute your patience - If I found it I would have shoveled it open immediately
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Crack it open there would be sparks and metal flying if it were me lol but I can see why you want to be careful it could be a cool relic
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It has a latch to keep in closed and ring(s) like it should be stored or hung in a specific place. To my mind that makes the contents important.

So I'm guessing it's not a ration box or cigarette case or shaving kit. Maybe first aid supplies? Hypodermic needles? Morphine? Gas mask repair? Weapon cleaning or repair supplies?

:dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Open it allready lol
 
Upvote 0
Gently hit it with a sledge hammer.

:P
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
i really want this to be something cool,i hope he gets back to us.
brad
 
Upvote 0
Youi guys ever hear of the "money / metal" kits ?

They were kits on planes and such with gold and other metals in a box designed to survive a crash and used as a survival barter kit.

They were mostly reclaimed... but I just had a flash... would be cool if this was the "jumbo" kit. heh
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom