What's new

Iron discrimination

dusty1530

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
417
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said earlier in a post I just bought myself a brand new Garrett AT Pro and I was wondering where do you set the iron discrimination right now mine is on 00 I was wondering if I should change it to like 20 or 30 is there like a set standard that most people use and with that allow me to still be able to pick up the Rings gold things like that jewelry and also there are artifacts in my area there were many wars fought here during the Civil War in Mexican war also
 
your best bet is to make a test garden of different size iron and see what happens
 
Dusty Find an old square nail and..... run the disc.up till the nail brakes up a little/or is gone... and that will help with the small iron targets....the bigger iron relics will still be there ...and the gold and pull tabs, bottle caps and such.
Liftloop
Glad to see your still posting haven`t seen you in a while...i all ways enjoy your posts.
Gary
 
Last edited:
thanks G.A.P.metals
I went thru so many pass words to get here
I give up then try again
 
As I said earlier in a post I just bought myself a brand new Garrett AT Pro and I was wondering where do you set the iron discrimination right now mine is on 00 I was wondering if I should change it to like 20 or 30 is there like a set standard that most people use and with that allow me to still be able to pick up the Rings gold things like that jewelry and also there are artifacts in my area there were many wars fought here during the Civil War in Mexican war also
You will get a million answers to this one ! My answer in a word : Experiment
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom