What's new

Iron Stirrup

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
12,689
Reaction score
378
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ozarks
I posted in Todays Finds,but am wanting to know if anyone can date and identify this type of stirrup...from what I can tell its iron
Thanks.. It was found on an old Stage Station Stop that was pre civil war and then camp for troops marching to Wilson Creek Battlefield
 

Attachments

  • caldwell013.webp
    caldwell013.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 345
  • caldwell014.webp
    caldwell014.webp
    14 KB · Views: 305
  • caldwell013.webp
    caldwell013.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 333
  • caldwell014.webp
    caldwell014.webp
    14 KB · Views: 308
I can tell you this one was dug at a camp that seen no activity past 1860.Someone on here posted a very similiar one on a side saddle,but I would find it very hard to be the case given the type of camp and lack of any women at that time.It is iron and has remnants of a silver plate?
 

Attachments

  • stirrup.webp
    stirrup.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 0
Well...there were women there...the station owner and his family came with a large group of family from Virginia...will dig into this further....I would be happy if it was a womans :)
 
Upvote 0
At the widest point it is 5 and 3/4
it is 6 1/4 tall
the foot rest is 2 1/2 x 3 3/4
 
Upvote 0
Love the stirrup! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom