What's new

Ironstone outcrops

Chilli

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2022
Messages
5,420
Reaction score
31,207
Golden Thread
0
Location
OZ (Down Under) Central Victoria. Golden Triangle.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Gold Monster 2000
Near where I found a nice patch of nuggets (edit my memories wrong) 11 yrs ago. I found an old picture of some of them.
The gold didn't come off of these ones and iv checked all along this line and so did the old diggers testing along it.
IMG_20240916_122019566_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240916_122138080_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20240916_122109628_HDR~2.jpg

The worn walking line you see is actually a kangaroo travel track. Good ambush spot behind the rocks 😁
IMG_20240916_123136344_HDR~2.jpg

Tough country for wildlife, very hard and hungry ground we call it.
Its amazing anything lives on/in it but here are a couple of tiny orchids that manage to survive in it. Easy to miss unless you keep an eye open.
IMG_20240916_122619187~2.jpg

IMG_20240916_122232571_HDR~3.jpg

Gold from the area, about half a k behind the third outcrop picture.
001.webp
 
Last edited:
Amazing finds! I wish we had gold here.
Thanks. I was fortunate to find the little patch when I did. Even though the area has all the hallmarks of a rich area very little was found there.
 
Nice recoveries Chilli
Thanks for sharing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom