Irvington, NJ

tedpank

Jun 16, 2006
Vero Beach, Florida
To follow up on a post on "where are you from" .

Oldest Park in Irvington is Green Terr Park on Chancellor Ave. Found a 1/2 cent there some years ago. I'm sure no one has hunted there in years as well as other parks in the city. But not a good area!

Olympic Park closed in 1964 and has been paved over and developed into commercial wharehouses.

But as other posters said, tough city and not a safe community! Doesn't matter if you aware of yor surroundings or not.

I hunted the high school field and adjoining park back in the late 70's and found several high school rings. I would bet the area hasn't been hunted since!

I would say Hospital Hill is still there and had been used as a sledding hill for years. Hospital closed a few years ago and the hill sits as it did for the last 50 or more years. It is located on Chancellor Ave and would be considered the better side of Irvington. I would say the would probably be a virgin spot to hunt as well as the grass areas around the park lots. Hill is located on the east side of the hospital and can be seen from the Garden State Parkway.

I'm coming up into Jersey the week of February 13th to the 20th ... Anyone interested in hunting the Hill let me know , I'll bring the gun! (permit)!

Attachments

• k9.jpg
    k9.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 2,363

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread