Is Beach Hunter300 deeper than AT Pro?

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know the answer to your question, but if you can't afford an Excal II, perhaps consider the Tesoro Sand Shark? Its almost 1/3 the cost, and I have seen many happy reports by those that use it. Its a PI machine.

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 300 Id has great depth, but no number system just 3 lights, the coil likes to float, and it felt awkward to control in the water, got a Anderson shaft for it, a brace to keep the coil from rising and its all better, the reason I bought it was because it is a water proof dfx, and I love my dfx. the 12 inch coil on the 300 id gets deeper than the dfx with a d2 coil. I use my dfx for dry sand, because of the meter and the 300 for in the water. ive been waiting 2 years for whites to come out with their version of the at pro.....I plan on buying a pro soon, tired of waiting...

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
So would you think my AT pro would be just as good as the Beach Hunter 300? Would I be waisting my$$ if i added the BH to my AT pro because they are both pretty much the same??

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think the at pro would be great in fresh water just like the beach id is. and with the pro you should have a better idea what your digging before you dig it. ive dug dimes at 12-14 inches in sand at fresh water beaches with the beach id.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep reading all of these posts about the Beach Hunter ID 300 coil tends to float....I just received one and went to the beach for my first time a couple weeks ago...I had no problems with the coil wanting to float. It stayed down just fine, basically pretty much neutral as they advertise. This is my first water detector. It was very sensitive and I am confident that if a gold ring is ever under my coil, I will find it. It seems that on the forums, there is Excal mania. It seems Excal or nothing. I cannot afford an Excal or CZ-21, so I went with the BHID 300 and know that with more time at the beach, which I may get there once a month, I will find gold...just a matter of time.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep reading all of these posts about the Beach Hunter ID 300 coil tends to float....I just received one and went to the beach for my first time a couple weeks ago...I had no problems with the coil wanting to float. It stayed down just fine, basically pretty much neutral as they advertise. This is my first water detector.
Set it underwater release the pressure on the handle to hold it down and let it go, coil slowly floats up...

Last edited:

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did try that. Did not seem to be a big deal to me, but perhaps for hard core surf hunters, perhaps it is more noticeable. Like I said, this is my first water detector, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Seems like a simple fix though if it bothers someone, just add a bit of weight. Same with the pivoting of the coil....I just made a plexiglass piece, attached it to the rod and coil, and no more pivoting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did try that. Did not seem to be a big deal to me, but perhaps for hard core surf hunters, perhaps it is more noticeable. Like I said, this is my first water detector, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Seems like a simple fix though if it bothers someone, just add a bit of weight. Same with the pivoting of the coil....I just made a plexiglass piece, attached it to the rod and coil, and no more pivoting.
I took a small sock and put aquarium gravel in it to weigh the coil down also used plexiglass to stop coil from flipping in surf, it isn't a major flaw just irritating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread