Is Ben pretty or what......? (sorry kinda long)....wooo hooo

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
Let me set the stage............Mark G. and I went back to his buddy's place that I posted pics of Mark's find's the other day...we went across the street to a small piece of land right next to Bushkill Park.........well I'll shorten the story... so we go back to the old site and Mark has to leave to get some purple cough syrup for his daughter.....now I just broke down and bought a referbed White's XLT.......(if anyone is interested these things are like new and you can get them for 140 less than the already discounted retail price....so they are like 664)....
I played around with it at the store and fairly easily did a custom program with the coins and jewelry program and the tone id. In order to find buttons you need the jewelry mode too over just the coin mode. The tone id works similar to the high pitched sound you get with the Minelab Explorer when you strike silver.....well off I went with headphone on and got a nice signal .....pretty sure it was 85.....when I flipped the dirt I said ah shoot another shiny can top......and thick too........and my little stubby fingers squeezed this Honest Ben....I know its hard to believe and I can live with the skeptics but these pictures do not do it justice....whoever dropped this had come straight from the bank......and luckily I didn't nick it...
Lately I had been hunting with my minelab because i gave my IDX pro to my Dad.......
I feel a lot more at home with the White's....mainly because of my detecting style........I absolutely love the tone id..........aloha...thanks for looking

Attachments

• SL550313.JPG
    SL550313.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 373
  • SL550317.JPG
    SL550317.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
John
You're lucky I had to get the cough syrup! My daughter still kept us up last night.....poor kid.
Anyway nice Ben, I'll be by your store for my guide service fee later!
Mark G.

PS.... was that other coin an injun?

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So thats what Ben looks like. It has been so long since I found one I had forgotten. Congrats ! Burdie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Johny mack!

;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty sweet find johny...great year I might add...keep diggin' and HH!!

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W T G ! Congrats on the nice Franklin. Keep up the good work !

Huntin' 59er

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice, They are great to find. Good choice on s detector and a good deal. The xlt is a hunting machine.

HH Jer

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
...........and just in time for Mrr Franklins 300th birthday! nice find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread