What's new

Is Gold Collectible?

geowizard

Supporting Vendor
🛒 Supporting Vendor
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
562
Reaction score
493
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys and Gals,

Is Gold a Collectible?
Here's a dealers answer:

Another example:
Hoffman Gold can be bought on eBay. It is a Collectible!
Search "Hoffman Gold" on eBay.
Gold slabs:
"Slabs" are plastic display packs that contain Gold fines.

- Geowizard
 
Upvote 0
If you are a stacker;

Gold and Silver are hoarded by stackers. It's an investment and considered a hedge against the declining dollar. We know that.

For those stackers in the audience, I suggest learning more on the tax rules. :icon_study:

Without getting in a debate on the subject, check out creative content on YouTube.

- Geowizard
 
There are people out there that collect specimen gold just like any other mineral. What are you referring to by Hoffmann gold? Up by my claim there’s the 16 to 1 mine that has produced a lot of specimens and slabs
 
Slabs are slices of lapidary material, the slabs from 16 to 1 are solid white quartz laced with gold, absolutely beautiful stuff.
 
If a person stacks gold they want to know a few details that will protect their investment.
Screenshot 2026-09-09 at 8.59.32 PM.webp


If you buy a Royal Canadian Mint coin, your money goes directly toward pure, easily sellable gold investment. If you buy Hoffman Gold, you are paying nearly double the gold's actual melt value just to have Jack or Todd Hoffman's name printed on an ICG plastic slab. It is a fun TV show collectible, but a terrible financial investment.

Note: This was a AI generated response. For financial advice, consult a professional
(But it's bang on advice)
 
I don't offer investment advice. I'm not buying anything and I'm not selling anything. What anyone else does is his or her personal choice!
Thanks! :thumbsup:
- Geowizard
 
The topic: "Is Gold a collectible". Investment is a different topic. That's why I brought the subject up. There is often confusion that can make holding gold an upside-down proposition.

Here are a few examples of collectable gold:

The most valuable gold coin in the world is the unique 1849 Double Eagle, with an estimated value of around $20 million.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/news/educational/10-of-the-rarest-coins-in-the-world

Other legendary and ultra-valuable gold coins include:

1933 Double Eagle: Valued at $7.5 million to $8 million+, this famous coin was recalled before ever officially circulating, with only one legally privately owned specimen ever sold.


1787 Brasher Doubloon: Sold for $9.36 million, this historic piece was crafted by New York silversmith Ephraim Brasher.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-most-valuable-us-gold-210005549.html


1907 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle (Ultra High Relief): Valued around $7.7 million, prized for its gorgeous, complex artistic design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens.


Treasure hunters may come across high value coins in their search. We see this often here on TreasureNet.

The coins have high value because they are collectible!

- Geowizard
 
Paydirt;

Getting down to a more practical level, paydirt, gold that a miner recovers can have added value. The value comes from "provenance". If you watch programs like Antique Road Show, items that seen to be ordinary in appearance have high value because they once belonged to Elvis or some other recognized person and the item is collectible. It has a story!

YouTube placer miners sell bags of paydirt for more money because that paydirt represents concentrates from a specific locality and mining operation. The value added also comes from the fact that the buyer doesn't have to get dressed up and go out to a mine and do the grunt work of getting the gold concentrated and bagged up! :occasion14:

- Geowizard
 
N-Lionberger asks, "What are you referring to by Hoffmann gold?" Who is Hoffman? Who is Elvis?

- Geowizard
 
I have a collection of Arizona gold nuggets. I call it "Soloman's Gold."
Ring3.webp
IMG_20151216_140750.webp
 
Very nice, indeed! Thanks for posting!

- Geowizard
 
The issue with Gold;



-Geowizard
 
People do collect natural gold. They are the ones you want to sell to. Some collect specimens others collect gold by the region it was found. Ofcourse you already knew this.
 
I've had people from all over stop by to purchase gold over the years. I used to sell lots of it on ebay along with the story of where it was found using what machine, and some had the video from YouTube to go with it with the picture from the moment I pulled it out of the river. I always got what I asked or up to double sometimes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom