What's new

Is it a coat hook?

wolcottdigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
320
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Is this a coat hook, someone told me it was for horse reins.
I dug it near an old cellar hole, I also found this copper nail.
I thought copper was to soft to be used for nails.
I stuck the hook and nail in the rock tumbler overnight to clean
them up.

Joe
 

Attachments

  • 100_7575.webp
    100_7575.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_7576.webp
    100_7576.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_7579.webp
    100_7579.webp
    42 KB · Views: 217
It has the appearance of being a rein terret, but I think it is too small and to lightly constructed to be one. Also, it appears as though the mounting holes are countersunk a bit to accommodate the head of a screw, which, to my knowledge, would also rule out its being a terret. Based on the size and architecture of it, my guess is that it is a fancy window lift of some sort.
 
Upvote 0
Have one exactly like it that came from my parents house. It was mounted by the fireplace to hold poker, ember shovel, and small broom that had leather straps for hanging.
 
Upvote 0
Michaelangelo said:
Have one exactly like it that came from my parents house. It was mounted by the fireplace to hold poker, ember shovel, and small broom that had leather straps for hanging.

I believe you are right now that you mention it!

That is a good ID!
 
Upvote 0
Nice ID and cool relic :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom