dagwood67
Jr. Member
- Joined
- May 9, 2020
- Messages
- 74
- Reaction score
- 92
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Rochester NY
- Detector(s) used
- Teknetics Patriot and Garrett AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I recently found this while metal detecting a 1790’s-1850’s home site that has been a farm field for the last 160 years where I found relics dating to before 1800.
This is a pewter button - and it sure looks the the scrolled style G I’ve seen on GW Inaugural buttons, but more crude. Could these be one, but just a different style, or a homemade one?
Thanks!
I recently found this while metal detecting a 1790’s-1850’s home site that has been a farm field for the last 160 years where I found relics dating to before 1800.
This is a pewter button - and it sure looks the the scrolled style G I’ve seen on GW Inaugural buttons, but more crude. Could these be one, but just a different style, or a homemade one?
Thanks!








