pa-dirt_nc-sand
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 18, 2016
- Messages
- 4,271
- Reaction score
- 15,142
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- South Western PA
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Primer is missing and it looks like there is a hole drilled through the side right where your pinky finger is. I'd say you're good to go.
Thx. I find live hunting bullets all the time in the woods, this baby would take down a deer no problem. Thx for the insight on safety.
Doesn't look like it has a primer.
Primer is missing and it looks like there is a hole drilled through the side right where your pinky finger is. I'd say you're good to go.
Some .50 caliber bullets have armor piercing tips, which can exploded under high impact. I found a live .50 caliber bullet a few months ago, and was warned on here about that. Very cool find though, those bullets are huge!!
Also, Is there another number after the "4", because most of the WWII era ones have the date on the head stamp in the form of the last two digits of the year (such as "43").