Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 1

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your only claim to the land is that you have a legally filed mineral claim?

And the state makes you pay taxes on land you don't own, and that you can use for no other purpose than to mine the available minerals under their draconian regulations??

WTF.gif

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Believe it or not the day I got on the website to pay my taxes I received the bill , mail arrived at 7:30 pm. Last time I checked was 6 PM. , no mail but the mail was there this morning, lol , a great miner relies on instincts learned from experience.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of my claims requires me pay property tax here in Siskiyou county, for some reason I never received a bill this year. Was able to get on their website and view my bill and pay it. It is required to have this paid before filling an Notice of intent to hold your clam with the county recorders office .
Could you provide the requirements of paying taxes?
Is there improvements that are being taxed?

The "State of Oregon" code has the terms "Holder", "Holder for value", and "Holder in due course" all defined. Can you show or indicate what you may be referring to?

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could you provide the requirements of paying taxes?
Is there improvements that are being taxed?

The "State of Oregon" code has the terms "Holder", "Holder for value", and "Holder in due course" all defined. Can you show or indicate what you may be referring to?
This a property tax, I own 2 claims in the same county. One is 16 acres and the other is 15 acers, the 16 acer claim is taxed but the 15 acer claim is not. That must be the threshold, over 15 get taxed but it must paid if you file your N.O.H with the County Recorders office.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This a property tax, I own 2 claims in the same county. One is 16 acres and the other is 15 acers, the 16 acer claim is taxed but the 15 acer claim is not. That must be the threshold, over 15 get taxed but it must paid if you file your N.O.H with the County Recorders office.
Keep us updated on what you find out. Thanks.

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one claim taxed and one not? sounds very odd almost like they're double dipping/ juggling the books with the federal P.I.LT. program.

None of that county Tax non sense down in Mohave County AZ. they just take their alotment of allowable P.I.L.T...and call it good...likely saves a heap of mail cost and records keeping.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep us updated on what you find out. Thanks.
Taxes paid, next is the to the BLM fees and after that call the county recorders office to find out how much I need to pay them, I know that the recorders office charges 15$ per page to record but the state charges a very large fee for homeless people. Just a warning when finding a copy of the NOIH form print out the old form, the new form the gov. wants you to use 2 pages which will cost you 30$ instead of 15$.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Taxes paid, next is the to the BLM fees and after that call the county recorders office to find out how much I need to pay them, I know that the recorders office charges 15$ per page to record but the state charges a very large fee for homeless people. Just a warning when finding a copy of the NOIH form print out the old form, the new form the gov. wants you to use 2 pages which will cost you 30$ instead of 15$.
What is the requirement for the NOIH form?
Thanks for the up date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread