Is it true the CTX users are switching to the Equinox instead??

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have had the CTX for 6-7 yrs and first Nox 800 3 yrs ago and second Nox 800 last month. Have drowned both the CTX and Nox twice, luckily during warranty period. After warranty period I now use CTX only in shallow water so as not to drown it and now same with first Nox. I feel like I find a lot of gold with both machines in Gulf. Just wish they were MORE WATER RESISTANT.
Here is my latest addition, or I should say my wife's, 14k, 1.4g gold ring w 2 diamonds found at low tide w the new Nox.
14k ring w 2 diamonds 030422.jpg

2022 Totals
Gold/Platinum 10
Silver 16

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had the CTX for 6-7 yrs and first Nox 800 3 yrs ago and second Nox 800 last month. Have drowned both the CTX and Nox twice, luckily during warranty period. After warranty period I now use CTX only in shallow water so as not to drown it and now same with first Nox. I feel like I find a lot of gold with both machines in Gulf. Just wish they were MORE WATER RESISTANT.

We did a good bit of water hunting last year, this is always in my mind. Do you know where it leaked? My battery's going to need replaced here soon but it has the updated seals. I use my ctx 2-3 times a week, I'd be lost if I had to send it in for repair. I had to right after I got it, they had it for almost 5 weeks.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The repair place, Detector Center, for the Nox was great and both times they had a new control box to me in about 1 week!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread