Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:nono: He plays for the Phillies? :laughing9: Because the Phillies are on fire :wav: 13 out of the last 14 and on a hot winning streak! Go Phillies!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rich in Central PA said:
:nono: He plays for the Phillies? :laughing9: Because the Phillies are on fire :wav: 13 out of the last 14 and on a hot winning streak! Go Phillies!
Look again.

Attachments

• garrett jones.jpg
    garrett jones.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 286

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
The Pirates have been habitual losers because the owners are more interested in dollars for
themselves than paying big money contracts. They built two taxpayer subsidized stadiums
here , one for the Steelers & one for the Pirates when Three Rivers Stadium was less than 30
years old & still not paid for. This has hurt their fan turnout somewhat as people actually voted
against an increased tax & they built them anyhow thru plan B . Plan B was, we will build those
stadiums whether the people support the tax increase or not. I like some will not attend a pro
sporting event here & have turned down free tickets to all three. IMO, too many people are
foolishly caught up in these pro-sports marketing schemes as if their lives will somehow be changed
if their hometeam isn't a winner. Who cares , just exactly how do these millionaire crybabies actions
impact our lives ? The Pirates can sail away & take the Steelers & the birds with them. It does nothing
for me, my family or my way of life. More important things to concern myself with.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Tubecity said:
The Pirates have been habitual losers because the owners are more interested in dollars for
themselves than paying big money contracts. They built two taxpayer subsidized stadiums
here , one for the Steelers & one for the Pirates when Three Rivers Stadium was less than 30
years old & still not paid for. This has hurt their fan turnout somewhat as people actually voted
against an increased tax & they built them anyhow thru plan B . Plan B was, we will build those
stadiums whether the people support the tax increase or not. I like some will not attend a pro
sporting event here & have turned down free tickets to all three. IMO, too many people are
foolishly caught up in these pro-sports marketing schemes as if their lives will somehow be changed
if their hometeam isn't a winner. Who cares , just exactly how do these millionaire crybabies actions
impact our lives ? The Pirates can sail away & take the Steelers & the birds with them. It does nothing
for me, my family or my way of life. More important things to concern myself with.
I understand, but this man is not a millionare crybaby. He's a 28 year old rookie that came out of nowhere and is hitting bombs out of the park. He hit one into the Allegheney River.

Do you enjoy sports? It costs you nothing to watch on TV. Did you play in Little League or your kids? When I lived in Pittsburgh, we played baseball EVERY day.

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Rich in Central PA said:
Look again.

Geez, I hope you didn't take me serious. I know he plays for the Pirates, but the Phillies are grabbing the headlines.
AAAAAAAAA yea 10 in a row now, they won tonight with a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 13th.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Rich in Central PA said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Rich in Central PA said:
Look again.

Geez, I hope you didn't take me serious. I know he plays for the Pirates, but the Phillies are grabbing the headlines.
AAAAAAAAA yea 10 in a row now, they won tonight with a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 13th.
Ah ok. I thought so. Good for them. But this post is NOT about the Phillies. :wink: This is about a 29 year old rookie Roy Hobbs type player Garrett Jones from the lowly Pirates. I believe he hit one of the longest home runs ever hit at your Philidelphia stadium. Phillies won the game however. I wonder if he hit a homer tonight yet. Is he for real?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Garrett Jones hit another homer today in his first start at 1B. That makes his ninth in 17 games since being called up from the Minor Leagues... Is he for real or a fluke?

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Do you enjoy sports? It costs you nothing to watch on TV. Did you play in Little League or your kids? When I lived in Pittsburgh, we played baseball EVERY day.
====================================================================
Sure I like sports. You know the love & support of high school teams in this area. For the last ten years
or so I've ignored pro sports , to the point where I've had my wife return Steeler or Pirate hats & shirts
I've received as gifts. I turn down free tickets to games, even a company box seat for the Penquins. I
will not support any of them, even if thru the purchase of that hat, they receive $1 dollar. I will go to
Renzie Park & watch the kids play midget or little league baseball or football. I support any local high
school team, especially if they make it to the state finals. I prefer to watch the game played for the love
of the sport, seeing those kids play their hearts out just to win. Not having the local Gov't. force us into
paying for new stadiums so the rich owners can build more corporate boxes & so they will be able to pay
grown men more millions of dollars to play a kid's sport. When the crooked politicians in Pittsburgh forced
a tax upon everyone in Allegheny county to help pay for those stadiums, I quit. I would rather see them
all leave town before I am forced to pay another nickel to them. What can I say, I'm a stubborn, hard-headed German. Pro sports has no benefits on my life & I kicked the habit. I don't even watch it, don't care.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Jones launched another jaw-dropping homer Friday making it 10 since he was called up and the most by any Major League player in this month of July.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread