Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are just now finding the video? I've been told it has since been edited. Thought everyone on TNet watched it last month in other threads.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are just now finding the video? I've been told it has since been edited. Thought everyone on TNet watched it last month in other threads.
Presumably edited to remove any clues about where this beach is located...

Frankly, I don't pay much attention to things on the internet/YouTube with a title like that. Most of the time it's BS/click-bait. I was pleasantly surprised by this video. No arrogance. No smugness. No in-video sponsor endorsements. No "you can do this too if you just get off your a--". No t-shirts hawking. Just a guy genuinely excited about the hobby and his nearly unbelievable finds.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is (already asked this in 2 other threads) did he have a contract with lease holder to work a 1715 beach? If you saw original footage, it was out of the water where gold coins first started popping up. Even if it cost 2K to do that (if possible, right don't know if lease holder would) to me is better than running the shark risk underwater.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather conditions played a big factor here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is (already asked this in 2 other threads) did he have a contract with lease holder to work a 1715 beach? If you saw original footage, it was out of the water where gold coins first started popping up. Even if it cost 2K to do that (if possible, right don't know if lease holder would) to me is better than running the shark risk underwater.
Do not need a contract with the leaseholder to work the wet sand, you can legally detect from the toe of the dune to the low tide line.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'd originally thought, but some comments seemed to suggest it can't be done around leases.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'd originally thought, but some comments seemed to suggest it can't be done around leases.
You can hunt the beaches, you can not hunt in the water, that is where you run into issues with treasure leases, and you have to maintain a minimum 300 ft distance from a dive ship working a wreck and they have worked 10 ft from shore in past..

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water hunting, I'm assuming that would begin where wet sand disappears during low tide. I would want to be out of the water anyway, hard to dig with surf washing away your hole. Original video, Spanish gold coins were not even close to water. Wet eroded sand YES but not touched by surf action.

No investors to pay, no lease holders to get a cut, just pay your taxes.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t understand why people get so bent out of shape by a You Tuber selling T-shirts’ or having some ads?

Most people require an income of some kind. If they are full time, or trying to be then they have to make money at it to continue. If that allows them to make more of the content I enjoy then it’s the least I can do to tolerate a couple ads or their offer of t-shirts.

Seems to many people are turned of by the slightest inconvenience anymore. Even if it helps afford them something they enjoy.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t understand why people get so bent out of shape by a You Tuber selling T-shirts’ or having some ads?

Most people require an income of some kind. If they are full time, or trying to be then they have to make money at it to continue. If that allows them to make more of the content I enjoy then it’s the least I can do to tolerate a couple ads or their offer of t-shirts.

Seems to many people are turned of by the slightest inconvenience anymore. Even if it helps afford them something they enjoy.
If the video had had ads selling t-shirts or had sponsor ads it would not have been allowed here unless he was a paying supporting vendor and the ads were to TreasureNet paying supporting vendors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread