What's new

Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

dirtyJohn

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
643
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

I've heard people say that they leak. I've never taken my T2 in the shallow water just in case. Has anyone else had problems with their coil not being water tight.
HH
John
 
Re: Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

my 11"DD coil is waterproof on my omega 8000
 
Re: Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

I dip my T2 11 dd coil in the water..
They say no deeper than 2 feet.
John
 
Re: Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

Yes!
 
Re: Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

Mine was NOT! It leaked and the water shorted out the coil till I got home, popped off the cover on the back of the coil, and dried it out. It was under the water about 2 minutes about 6 inches deep. It will be waterproof when I am done with it. So I would have to say that they are supposed to be but may not be.

capt1989
 
Re: Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

I can't believe a high end coil isn't fully waterproof. I'm sorry to hear of the leak. Even Bounty Hunter coils are waterproof. I had a 2200 Discovery and used it with no issues in 4 feet of H20.
Does it say anywhere online more about issues with this 11"DD coil and water? (I just got a new one for my Delta).
 
Re: Is the 11"DD coil waterproof

the first time i sunk mine in the creek, it falsed so bad i thought i ruined it! I dried it out and its fine now. Maybe I'll seal mine off too! the manual says its waterproof but mine is not, and i didn't really sink it only a couple inches.
 
I have the 11" DD on my Gamma and I've sunk it over a foot down in the rivers here numerous times with no issues. I emailed Bart before doing this and he assured me it was waterproof. Could be your connectors aren't tight and allowing water in?
 
Could be a number of reasons for leakage. A warm coil submerged in colder water, a hairline crack, loose connection. Regards, Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom