is there any treasure hunting clubs out there?

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i'm cooling off about treasure hunting, even if i might have a few good places and have the best experience with 2 box fisher machine, any time i read about laws, restrictions and civil or criminal charges about treasure hunting i feel like I'm giving my time away i juts need to know if there is any clubs that i can belong to, but not like GPAA since i belong to that one already and most of the claims i had been i found nothing, but bullets and shields, can some one invite to a private property? or give me permission to hunt at his land? i live in Vegas Nevada, but like going to California, Arizona, Utah, I own a 2 box metal detector, also a whites eagle ll with big foot, a garret 250, for coins and small surface items, but really like to look for big and depth stuff,

any way my main question is if i can belong to a real treasure hunter's club, meaning like an annual fee member,
before i go i want to tell you folks that there in California i have a very good target signal with my 2 box machine but could not get the permission to work on it, since the spot is beside the Hi way and the land owner is afraid to have his water supply damage, unfortunately i was not present when permission was asked other ways i will tell him exactly where his water supply pipe was, since i locate that one like 30 feet away from my spot, and also my target is under a very old big tree that is been cut by the city.

other place is close to Rye Patch Nv, i asked my partner to try to find the land owner or investigate who own the land to ask for permission, he said he will do it but never did, i think this is close to the I-80, close to a T/A gas station but back in the mountains, i remember the Minelab was acting like toy there since the soil has too much minerals and on top of that was snowed, but not my 2 box machine that one give me a way to sense a good target and according to my experience it is a non ferrous, any way thank you for reading my post and hope to get some answers.

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be jealous of your neck of the woods....

Anyway, go out to Kellyco (they are a supporting vendor on TNET) and on the bottom of the screen there is a link to detecting/treasure hunting clubs by state. You could also try and do a Google search.

My state has a club, but I seem to do better on my own. Clubs are great, but in small areas it may be easier and easier to get permission if only one or two people ask for permission.

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you so much pointman, that's the point lol, i will try that, im kind a shy to ask for permissions but might b better than getting kicked out lol, i saw an empty yard here in my city and no fence no visible signs, no structures in it, just a few old trees i said well might b fun to c if i can fin a few old coins in there probably an old penny or some, i parked my truck inside this yard and start my search with my 10 yrs old daughter and forgot my cell phone inside my truck, well my truck had a phone number on the tail gate and some one pull over next to my truck but i was concentrated searching with a small hand tool and my ace 250, this guy called me and leave a message and when i look that way i was him close to my truck, well, i went to meet him and he ask me to leave, he was in charge of that yard but in person he told me that he was the owner, i told him i just need to pick up something and went to get my garret and a little hand tool he asked me what was that i told him a metal detector, he goes like, hum are you digging in my property,! y said just a few inches but covering the holes, well he told me that im trespassing his property and i might want to steal something, there or in the houses closed by, and asked me what would i do if he goes to my house and trespass? y didnt want to argue, because house and empty yard is a big difference, well he goes like, should i call the police? i might, and finally asked me to leave, well i don't take anything meaning items to steal to not body, but having my daughter with me was almost impossible to risk of stealing something with my daughter besides me, i want him to understand that, any way since then im even shy to knock on some ones door, lol but that was not a nice experience.

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes! I found what you told me there at kellyco pointman, i hope to joint the group soon :laughing7: thank you very much for the tip.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad our website was able to help you out prospexican. Definitely want to be careful out there! I know for me, asking permission is always nerve wrecking! I ended up creating a professional letter head explaining what I do etc and if I find a place that I think might be a hot spot I'll get the address, do a search online through local government websites so I can get the owner info and just mail them the letter and then follow up in person about a week later. What works for me personally is letting them know that I'll be taking all the trash with me, we can split the finds (if anything of value is found) and for me, I'm more of a relic hunter so often I explain to the landowner that they are contributing to the conservation of history and that we can donate or loan the finds to local museums. Has worked really well for me and 9/10 times the land owners love the fact that they can go to their local history center or local museum and see an item from their property that says "on loan from _______" and has their name on it...just a thought!

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! great ideas, chriskellyco, i have the information for the closes group here in vegas, i will try to contact them and get ready for the fun, just need to finish some projects and jobs and a minor repair on my 4x4 suspension just in case i need to go off road, lol, and how deep are relics normally found?
i like coin hunting and whenever possible, treasure hunting, but to be honest i have not have many chances of treasure hunting, but when i did it close to Oxnard Ca, it was hard to get permission from the land owner, well i might try again to get that permission, the problem is that the land owner is close but not on the spot and the spot is actually closes to a highway, i have a very nice reading under a very old tree that is been cut by the city, but the land owner is afraid that i will break his water supply pipe to the field, but i have that one locate like 30 feet away from the spot, since i know how to work with 2 box metal detector, i use a TW-6 model wish like the gemini -3 well i need to go to finish a job, talk to you guys later. and thanks again for all your comments and your help, and ideas, have a great. day.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread