Is there simple way to process gold from higg grade ores/materials

jonesindy

May 23, 2006
Does anyone have an idea how to recover gold dust that could been deliberately mixed with soil, cement, sand to form natural looking rocks? I have done a lot of excavations recently in search for a major treasure buried during WW2. Just lately, I discovered that the extensive 'bunker" materials were of gold-bearing materials. I can still recover 10% of the gold-ore bearing materials now because I discarded most of them already. I suspect that gold dust was mixed with clay/sand/concrete to form boulders, and these were piled deep underground.

Thanks,

Jonesindy

aussco999

Dec 25, 2003
Texas
Hey Jonesindy:

Yes, there are several good ways to recover micro-fine gold from soil, cement, sand, rocks.... It would be the same methods used for either placer or hardrock mining. Get more info on your subject material, including maybe some small samples, the total amount of material to process and let me know. I'll help you with what ever recovery information you might need.

Good luck,

John

OP
OP
J

jonesindy

May 23, 2006
John,

Thank you John. I will attend to the things you suggested in time. I do international development work as a profession and wish to be able to clear my desk all projects before I get to TH again.

Regards,

Jonesindy

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
We pan out the concentrates and extract the fines by mercury amalgamation. Then we extract it from the amalgam, easy as pie, just don't inhale the mercury fumes if you plan to burn the mercury off, it always best to use a retort.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions