is thia a sword?

W

wo2e

What looks like a sword is at least 22 inches found under 7 inches of wet sand during low tide. At high tide this object would be under water., the handle is wood looks intact. Is loose but still looks well. The edge looks equally sharp on both sides and the tip is sharp. I was playing Tarzan sticking it in the mud. What gets me is why is the handle still there. Is it because this object is not as old as I think?? The place found is city island in new York city, once inhabited by Indians, the place now is a boating community and all restaurants. A lot of boats and sails were made here.

Attachments

• md page 2.jpg
    md page 2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,040
What's it made of and is the handle a different material? Monty

I wonder if it's a more recent vintage model, possibly out of Pakistan. Basing it on the blade shape. ??? There's so many different styles made nowdays that it's really hard to say for sure.

well the handle is some kind of good wood.
and the blade itself is metal maybe iron. it is not badly rusted.
it could be a large dagger?

Peter: Does it look like it attaches to something? Does that Top unscrew? It doesn't look "right" to me somehow! I could very well be wrong tho! Good Luck with it! ???

HH Joe

buscadero said:
Peter: Does it look like it attaches to something? Does that Top unscrew? It doesn't look "right" to me somehow! I could very well be wrong tho! Good Luck with it! ???

HH Joe
the handle is a one piece job. the very top is hook that catches the handle from sliding off. the handle is loose. it slides about 1/2 inch up and down this is why you are able to see hook part somewhat exposed, normally it would be flush with the handle. maybe at one time it had a hand guard and this is why is loose!

Neil in West Jersey said:
Top of a decorative wroght iron fence, or gate.
i have to agree,looks like it is from a fence....

i do not know what the hell this thing is i had research the net, NOTHING!. there might not be no historical records what so ever or maybe is home made by some area residents a long time ago. i might never know, I'll wait about another year if so I'll polish it clean up the handle and leave it as a curiosity piece. if worse comes to worse I'll test it on my next door neighbor.he will love it!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back