T Trevordog Tenderfoot Joined Sep 20, 2018 Messages 1 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 7, 2018 #1 Found this at a 1700’s farmhouse about 6” down. I think it’s a bale seal. Appears to have letter “POL” On one side and “DYKA” on the other. Can any one confirm This? Any way to age it or trace it’s roots? Thanks.....
Found this at a 1700’s farmhouse about 6” down. I think it’s a bale seal. Appears to have letter “POL” On one side and “DYKA” on the other. Can any one confirm This? Any way to age it or trace it’s roots? Thanks.....
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,354 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Oct 7, 2018 #2 Yes, it is a lead seal .. always a fun find! Upvote 0
Joe hunter Bronze Member Joined Mar 2, 2013 Messages 2,170 Reaction score 1,896 Golden Thread 0 Location Up state NY Detector(s) used Xp Deus , Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 7, 2018 #3 I like bale seals a lot of different ones were made so without real good lettering a difficult I D Upvote 0