Nathan W Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2023 Messages 3,453 Reaction score 10,833 Golden Thread 0 May 27, 2023 #1 Found this awhile back( BUT I don’t think I posted it) near the WW1 button. Could it be something else? Turning red it appears to be copper or brass Attachments 8081D70C-CAAB-49E8-9C0B-4325193DB36E.webp 369.8 KB · Views: 109 ECFCCE1D-914F-47BD-A7AF-D1680543B610.webp 645.8 KB · Views: 61
Found this awhile back( BUT I don’t think I posted it) near the WW1 button. Could it be something else? Turning red it appears to be copper or brass
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 27, 2023 #2 Looks like a rivet? Upvote 5
djackson7348 Silver Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 30, 2013 Messages 2,785 Reaction score 6,067 Golden Thread 0 Location North Eastern NC Detector(s) used Equinox 800 and Excalibur Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2023 #3 I agree.. It looks like the rivet from an old pair of jeans. Upvote 1
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,305 Reaction score 48,530 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2023 #4 Its a leather rivet. Upvote 2
Nathan W Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2023 Messages 3,453 Reaction score 10,833 Golden Thread 0 May 27, 2023 Thread Owner #5 Tony in SC said: Looks like a rivet? Click to expand... Nathan W said: Found this awhile back( BUT I don’t think I posted it) near the WW1 button. Could it be something else? Turning red it appears to be copper or brass Click to expand... Upvote 0
Tony in SC said: Looks like a rivet? Click to expand... Nathan W said: Found this awhile back( BUT I don’t think I posted it) near the WW1 button. Could it be something else? Turning red it appears to be copper or brass Click to expand...
Nathan W Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2023 Messages 3,453 Reaction score 10,833 Golden Thread 0 May 27, 2023 Thread Owner #6 Thanks guys, I can see that now , seems large for jeans but I guess older jeans might have had large ones, any way to clean the red off to see if any imprint? Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I can see that now , seems large for jeans but I guess older jeans might have had large ones, any way to clean the red off to see if any imprint?
fishstick Silver Member Joined Oct 28, 2012 Messages 3,340 Reaction score 12,238 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2023 #7 Remember not only jeans but about anything leather related. Upvote 1
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,305 Reaction score 48,530 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2023 #8 Common on late 19th to early 20th C horse tack. Upvote 1