What's new

Is this a Cufflink or a Button or Neither?

sodapoptop

Jr. Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
91
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I don't have a clue what this is. If anyone has any ideas..... Please help.... My head is about to explode. All I could come up with is an enamel cufflink? It measures 1" in diameter..... It doesn't look like a button??? Maybe some type of rivet for clothing? Picture shows some type of Chinese enamel story? Why would I find this on an 1880's US Military site? HELP! ???

Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • Unknown button.webp
    Unknown button.webp
    108.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Unknown button back2.webp
    Unknown button back2.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Unknown button.webp
    Unknown button.webp
    108.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Unknown button back2.webp
    Unknown button back2.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Unknown button back.webp
    Unknown button back.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 301
More then likely a cuff link but maybe a collar stud or cape stud. Very cool find what ever it turns out to be :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
savant365 said:
More then likely a cuff link but maybe a collar stud or cape stud. Very cool find what ever it turns out to be :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

looks like a collar stud
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a collar button. I dont know the age. This is a page from a 1909 Sears Roebuck catalog.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-029E.webp
    MVC-029E.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 230
  • MVC-029E.webp
    MVC-029E.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Agreed Cypress

are you agreeing its not a collar stud? :D

great ID Charlie :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Thank you 4-H, CRUSADER, bigcypresshunter and everyone else! :icon_thumleft: You really know your history.
I have learned that digging up relics is only half the fun (the funnest half) the other half is trying to figure out what you have.

:icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Looks like a collar button. I dont know the age. This is a page from a 1909 Sears Roebuck catalog.
http://www.costumes.org/HISTORY/100pages/collarsmen.htm


Collar studs are collar buttons, same difference
Yes, Im agreeing with Charlie and yourself and following up with a pic. Sorry I didnt make that clear. Nice ID Charlie. :icon_thumright:

Very good link Crusader. Im going to save it. If you had posted that the first time, I wouldnt have felt the need to post at all. ;D :D 8)
 
Upvote 0
Wow you guys can get so touchy :laughing9: I was just throwing out a guess without looking anything up on google :laughing9: What I would like to see is one with the same design and what it's actual intended use was. Keep looking for an exact match, geesh!!! what is the "what is it" forum coming to..."REMEMBER THE PIGGNUTZ" :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
savant365 said:
Wow you guys can get so touchy :laughing9: I was just throwing out a guess without looking anything up on google :laughing9: What I would like to see is one with the same design and what it's actual intended use was. Keep looking for an exact match, geesh!!! what is the "what is it" forum coming to..."REMEMBER THE PIGGNUTZ" :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

no touchy here :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
savant365 said:
Wow you guys can get so touchy :laughing9: I was just throwing out a guess without looking anything up on google :laughing9: What I would like to see is one with the same design and what it's actual intended use was. Keep looking for an exact match, geesh!!! what is the "what is it" forum coming to..."REMEMBER THE PIGGNUTZ" :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
I agree with you savant365 :thumbsup:

why can't people just say...it could be this, or it looks a little bit like this one, unless you have found the exact one, which matches the posters picture :icon_scratch:

SS.
 
Upvote 0
No stress here. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good ID Charlie and Cru, though we dont yet have an exact match.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
No stress here. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good ID Charlie and Cru, though we dont yet have an exact match.

I'll leave that to you guys. I like what SS said. I just want to throw out guesses based on previous research/finds. I only look for exact ID for things I find & I hardly have time for that :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
savant365 said:
Wow you guys can get so touchy :laughing9: I was just throwing out a guess without looking anything up on google :laughing9: What I would like to see is one with the same design and what it's actual intended use was. Keep looking for an exact match, geesh!!! what is the "what is it" forum coming to..."REMEMBER THE PIGGNUTZ" :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
I agree with you savant365 :thumbsup:

why can't people just say...it could be this, or it looks a little bit like this one, unless you have found the exact one, which matches the posters picture :icon_scratch:

SS.
Im not sure what the complaining is about but yes, you can say without a pic. But it doesnt mean much. I dont know how many times I have heard people say they are absolutely sure and they are dead wrong. Its certainly OK to guess but you need a pic to prove it. If you dont have the time to google a pic, often someone else will find a pic for you. :icon_thumright:


We have many different guesses on the Piggnutz but apparently not everyone is convinced. I happen to think its solved, but according to the votes, I am in the minority.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a collar button.



(No Spam Allowed)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
9
Views
717
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Button Rev-1812?
Replies
0
Views
255
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom