Timekiller wrote:
> Not trying to be anal here.

But he clearly states that it was found on a former British Isle. So why is military (REV.WAR-Civil War) involved
Like your post, this reply is not intended as anal or argumentative ...just a simple honest answer to your question.
I figured Erik-in-NJ would prefer to get a more-specific ID for his lead ball than just "Yes, it is a musketball." I thought he would like to know its specific caliber and time-period, and I hoped we ID-helpers could figure out such a specific ID.
So, earlier in this discussion, I wrote:
> We'll need super-precise measurement (made with Digital Calipers, not a ruler) to tell your musketball's caliber and time-period.
> For example, Revolutionary War era Military muskets tended to be .72 to .75-caliber.
That is why I brought up the subject of Rev War era and 1800s-era musket-calibers and musketball diameters. Although Erik's musketball could be for a civilian-type musket, I was hoping its diameter might match up with a Military caliber from a particular time-period ...and we could then give him a more-specific ID than just saying "Yes, it is a musketball."