apush
Bronze Member
I had the good fortune of having this past friday off. Mr. Apush and I ran some errands--he helped me with my weekly dump
. Total of 5 silvers out of 3 boxes of halves this week. Certainly not impressive, but I am not complaining.
There is a small coin shoppe in our town. Thought I would venture out, and take a look around. The dealer was nice enough, but kept ranting and raving that his shoppe was a coin shoppe not an internet scam or a fly-by night operation
. I never mentioned either? 
Well, he had a bag sitting on his work desk that had a mixture of 20-90%ers: kennedies, walkers, bens. As I glanced, I notice the coins looked as if they were from coin rolling, metal detecting, etc. The coins were not top grade by any means. I asked him what he wanted for the coins, if I were to buy 10. He said $72.50.
Is that a fair price and something I should consider? I am like most here; that is, I would prefer to find them in the wild, but I would like to obtain a nice small collection for that rainy day.
apush
. Total of 5 silvers out of 3 boxes of halves this week. Certainly not impressive, but I am not complaining.There is a small coin shoppe in our town. Thought I would venture out, and take a look around. The dealer was nice enough, but kept ranting and raving that his shoppe was a coin shoppe not an internet scam or a fly-by night operation
. I never mentioned either? Well, he had a bag sitting on his work desk that had a mixture of 20-90%ers: kennedies, walkers, bens. As I glanced, I notice the coins looked as if they were from coin rolling, metal detecting, etc. The coins were not top grade by any means. I asked him what he wanted for the coins, if I were to buy 10. He said $72.50.
Is that a fair price and something I should consider? I am like most here; that is, I would prefer to find them in the wild, but I would like to obtain a nice small collection for that rainy day.
apush

Upvote
0
) to merit you spending that much right now
. And yep, I want that job!!! Retirement . . . Smile. 






