What's new

Is this a faucet?

foundation hunter

Full Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
193
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Found this at a 1740s site today,looks like a faucet theres a part missing where the shut off is.
 

Attachments

  • faucet 006.webp
    faucet 006.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 323
  • faucet 009.webp
    faucet 009.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 333
  • faucet 002.webp
    faucet 002.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 336
I think it might be a barrel tap. I found a piece of one recently at a 18-19th century site and it drove me nuts b/c I couldn't understand how they could have had running water.

Here is an example of a barrel tap I found on google -

1652006390product37.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a wooden barrel / keg tap
beer wine
Missing the pet cock valve
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I think it might be a barrel tap. I found a piece of one recently at a 18-19th century site and it drove me nuts b/c I couldn't understand how they could have had running water.

Here is an example of a barrel tap I found on google -
definetely a threaded barrel tap. Good ID bramblefind. :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • barrel tap brass.webp
    barrel tap brass.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 325
  • barrel tap brass.webp
    barrel tap brass.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Itched brass item
Replies
3
Views
422
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Buggy brake?
Replies
1
Views
341
Replies
11
Views
748

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom