What's new

Is this a good deal on arrow heads?

alkoz

Full Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lansdowne, Pa
Hi, I have a coin magazin and they are selling arrowheads that are 3000-8000 years old.The arrowheads are $4.95 , knife points $6.95 , and large stone tools are $19.95.Is this a good deal because i am interested in buying some.Thanks
 
Upvote 0
If it sounds too good to be true............. it probably is. Be wary.
 
if you're looking to start a collection,I'd be hesitant to buy anything from a mag.only because there's way too many repros out there that are getting passed as the real ones.I bought a couple when I first started 1 from ebay and 2 from an artifact show,but ended up giving all those away to friends that didn't hunt them.Just the slightest doubt of authenticity took away any attachment to them.Try this website they're very straight up about southernpoints.

http://www.paleoenterprises.com/ Jim Tatum is the owner and he's been at every show I've gone too,and his son Carlos authenticates points at the shows or you can send them to him.He's quick and very trustworthy. GL HH
 
Be careful about indian artifacts period. In some states you will get your ass thrown in jail for it. Yah ok, prove it was an Illinois indian arrowhead and not a florida indian arrowhead... they don't want to hear it.

aaron
 
Really thick or crude common type points can still be had for that price and if they are real that is what I suspect you would recieve. A "knife" could be any worked chunk of flint really... I think they could be real... and they could be fake. I've seen that same add- I have a subscription to that magazine. If you do decide to gamble I hope you post a pic on here so we will all know.
 
I suspect you'll be getting rough field grade points. Nearly all such low grade points are usually just about worthless to collectors. There are exceptions like broken paleo points, but I can guarantee they won't be sending you anything rare or valuable. If you plan to buy several, you'd be ahead to take your money and buy one good point from some reputable place. If you like Texas flint someone like Bill Arnold http://www.txdigger.com/artifacts/ offers authentic points at really reasonable prices. Bill is usually flexible with his prices too.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike
 
Hey Alkoz,

I think you would only get rough field grade points at best from that ad. Bobthebaitfish mentioned Txdigger.com in his post. I've heard good things about them. Also, if you're looking to buy, I would look for dealers who are members of AACA. Most dealers should give you a 30 day review period to decide if the artifact is good or not. I would stay far away from magazine ads. This is just my opinion.

Good luck!

Brian
 
listen to the baitfishbob txdigger is about the best for your moneys worth he asks about half price on all his points..always authentic. they go quick.this was a resent purchase
 

Attachments

  • perd3.webp
    perd3.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom