What's new

Is this a kerosene lamp part?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today at an old home site. It has lettering on the small round piece that reads: M B. Co. N.Y. Pat Apl(R?)30.87
Is it the part that extends the wick on a kerosene lamp?
 

Attachments

  • April 07 finds.webp
    April 07 finds.webp
    123.6 KB · Views: 230
  • whatzit front.webp
    whatzit front.webp
    98.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Whatzit back.webp
    Whatzit back.webp
    124.5 KB · Views: 229
We had coal oil lamps in the 50's and early 60's for light and it does kinda look like that, so I'd say yeah. It's all flattened out so it's hard to tell, and if it is it's from an earlier time than I grew up with. Somebody on here will peg it for you. I'm sorry, 'coal oil' is what we called kerosene. Nice finds.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. Green check coming up.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom