What's new

Is this a meteorite or asteroid?

Dollme23

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 31, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22 pounds found in Malaysia.
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1554030702226.webp
    FB_IMG_1554030702226.webp
    105.4 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 4
Sorry, the item pictured has no visible characteristics of meteorites.

Time for more coffee.
 
Looks like a piece of coral, river tumbled.
 
?

Well if it's not a meteorite do you have any clue what it could be?
 
Coral. I agree with Kray:occasion14:
 
It could be a meteoroide
 
Kray and Terry are likely correct, based on appearance. I have, however, seen quartz specimens that have some similarities.

If you want to learn how to identify meteorites, pick up a few guidebooks. I carry several dog eared guides on different things I may encounter when I am in the field away from home.

Time for more coffee.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom