What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this a Rein Guide?

cambria09

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
3,841
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I found this a few days ago near a house I am guessing is from the 1940's.

Sure looks like a rein guide but not like others I have found. The ring part is brass and 2 x 1-IN, the post is iron.

Thanks and Good Luck out there. C9
 

Attachments

  • 13 Oak 04 2018 Rein Guide.webp
    13 Oak 04 2018 Rein Guide.webp
    948.2 KB · Views: 97
Yep! Nice find.:hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Yep. That is definitely a reigns guide. Really cool find.
 
Upvote 0
Yes it looks like one .Most likely the lack of threads on the post indicates it was mounted into a wooden yoke or something like that .There might be other parts near to where you found that one. .A few times that I found pieces to horse harness I found more very near by
 
Upvote 0
bet ya didnt know there were very few horses in the 40's most had cars. without computers or AC heater was special order, usually installed be the dealer!!!!!:occasion14:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
580
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Rein guide?
Replies
3
Views
676

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom