What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Rein guide?

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
3,210
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Found this afternoon near Richmond Va. location had activity since at least 1850. Looks like a rein guide maybe, but doesn’t have the threaded piece in the bottom like others I’ve found. Thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3605.webp
    IMG_3605.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3604.webp
    IMG_3604.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3606.webp
    IMG_3606.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
Found this afternoon near Richmond Va. location had activity since at least 1850. Looks like a rein guide maybe, but doesn’t have the threaded piece in the bottom like others I’ve found. Thoughts?
I don't think ALL rein guides were a screw in type. I think some leather horse collar types had them built into the collar some ways
Not saying for sure :)
 
Upvote 2
It may be a gag bit runner with a broken attaching eye.
IMG_4070.webp

These are 2 styles that were available. Different companies had different designs. I’m not certain, but this came to mind.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom