Is this a sick joke?

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, the problem with nonpayers is you are charged an ebay final value fee. If you just give up and let the nonpayer get their way, then it is a loss to you, and at 10%, that can be a big loss. It is like Cyberdan said, I have no problems if they contact me or something. I do understand that "life" happens to people. The problem is, "life" is normally not the problem. Recently, I saw someone bid on a $100 lot, total with shipping and all would be about $150. That is a $15 fee. The buyer decided he didn't want the item anymore and said he would not pay. Most of the time, the buyers either forget, or they simply think they can get away with it. EBay says buying something is a contract for the seller to ship the item and the buyer to pay.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Casca, may I have your ebay member name, please? I want to add you to my blocked buyers list. Just kidding (sort of). Sheesh...

To those saying ebay no longer allows negative feedback for buyers... this is true. HOWEVER, when you leave "positive" feedback for your buyer, you are provided a small space for comments. You can make negative comments in that space. I have seen this done but I don't know how ebay would respond were it brought to their attention.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone who has problem after problem on ebay whether they are a buyer or seller should take a long look in the mirror!
You are right and i asked … Beachkid23 … before why it seems he has so much trouble on ebay … With garage sales ..And flee mkts ….. He should look in the mirror … Sorry beach but it seems like you have more problems than 100 sellers & buyers >>>>

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had a problem with unpaid items since I changed my Buyer requirements to the following

"Block buyers who:
Have received 2 unpaid item strike(s) within 1 month(s)"

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right and i asked … Beachkid23 … before why it seems he has so much trouble on ebay … With garage sales ..And flee mkts ….. He should look in the mirror … Sorry beach but it seems like you have more problems than 100 sellers & buyers >>>>

I wouldn't go as far as to say that. Firstly, I don't think this issue has anything to do with a fault of his. Secondly, I don't believe he actually posts that many 'problems'. Most of what I read are inquiries about items/sharing finds. Thirdly, it seems to me he deals with a lot more buys & sells than the average joe because, lastly, he shares his experiences frequently.

Problems or not, I personally enjoy reading about them and, when applicable, their solutions.

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had a problem with unpaid items since I changed my Buyer requirements to the following

"Block buyers who:
Have received 2 unpaid item strike(s) within 1 month(s)"

I think mine is 2 unpaid strikes in the last 6 months.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All have paid now but 2. For a total of $268. I would rater get paid then relist. Don't think it will happen though!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Everything has been buy now or best offer and somebody will put an offer in and then never pay for it. Dang them!

I'm not sure but we might be missing the obvious. Ebay recently changed their best offer policy. Under the new policy someone can make an offer, seller accepts.....& buyer is NOT obligated to purchase. There is a thread about this somewhere in the forum.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like that if it is true. They should have to pay if they make the offer.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed folks are slow payers more and more lately. I'm selling more fixed priced items these days, as that's the only way I see a buyer needs to make payment at the point of sale. It won't allow, immediate payment on an auction or best offer. Overall I do get some slow payers, but they come thru in the end. Back in the day when a seller could leave a Bad feed on a buyer, you didn't get as many slow payers then. I'm sure Ebay took note that many buyers didn't have the cash till payday and quit doing business all together in fear of getting a negative. They just fixed that by not allowing sellers to grade a buyer badly any more. Getting paid is all on the seller and best not to bank on fast payment a 100% all the time when you sell under an auction or best offer.

How nice we now have a forum. "All things Ebay" How cool is that? Didn't seem to take allot to get this request. Who was it that stated the petition to get this up and running?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread