What's new

Is this a small saw?

SweepNbeep

Full Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
294
Golden Thread
0
Location
The North Star State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Other
I just wanted to share this piece with you, and ask you to help me I.D. it. I believe it is a small saw of some sort, as it appears to have teeth worked into one side of it, but not the other. The entire length of the saw edge is only 1.75", could it be this is just a small scraper? Figured I'd ask the experts. Thanks.
IMG_2563_zpsn8b9w9rs.jpg


IMG_2562_zpsa2jk1gl9.jpg


IMG_2564_zpso0c74f4j.jpg


IMG_2561_zps3qunctwl.jpg


IMG_2567_zpszlidbpwm.jpg


IMG_2566_zpsb2h5xu4c.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Looks to be a flake scraper
 
Sweet little piece no matter how it was used.
 
Yeah, a lot of this stuff I find, I just can't find anything to compare it to, and then I come up with my own theory. I suppose a little piece like that could have multiple uses, there is really no telling unless it is something obviously identifiable by someone who knows what they are looking at. It might have been a part of something bigger, before being run over by a plow how many times over, but it appears to have been made small.
 
JMO it was used to cut like a knife. What you may have is an item that at one time was much longer. Nice find:icon_thumright:
 
JMO it was used to cut like a knife. What you may have is an item that at one time was much longer. Nice find:icon_thumright:

Agree there it looks like a broken knife....very cool
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom