A Arrowhead Tenderfoot Joined Jan 22, 2019 Messages 2 Reaction score 10 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 29, 2019 #1
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 29, 2019 #2 I would say yes. Upvote 0
lairmo Silver Member Joined Jan 1, 2009 Messages 2,960 Reaction score 4,892 Golden Thread 0 Location SW MO Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X Jan 29, 2019 #3 It looks worked on the grooved/flat side....I have something similar somewhere and I kept it! Upvote 0
F flinthunter Hero Member Joined Jan 3, 2011 Messages 903 Reaction score 1,083 Golden Thread 0 Location Illinois Detector(s) used E-Trac, V3i, DFX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 29, 2019 #4 I am going with natural. I think the flattened area and gouges were formed by glacial grinding. Where was this found? Upvote 0
I am going with natural. I think the flattened area and gouges were formed by glacial grinding. Where was this found?
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 29, 2019 #5 Maybe. In the Stone Age everywhere you looked were tools. That one might have been handy at one time. Have we really advanced any? Upvote 0
Maybe. In the Stone Age everywhere you looked were tools. That one might have been handy at one time. Have we really advanced any?
lairmo Silver Member Joined Jan 1, 2009 Messages 2,960 Reaction score 4,892 Golden Thread 0 Location SW MO Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X Jan 29, 2019 #6 Charlie P. (NY) said: Maybe. In the Stone Age everywhere you looked were tools. That one might have been handy at one time. Have we really advanced any? Click to expand... I would think so yes...problem is though we may have to relearn THIS trade.... Upvote 0
Charlie P. (NY) said: Maybe. In the Stone Age everywhere you looked were tools. That one might have been handy at one time. Have we really advanced any? Click to expand... I would think so yes...problem is though we may have to relearn THIS trade....
invent4hir Bronze Member Joined Aug 1, 2017 Messages 2,323 Reaction score 3,908 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites V3i & DFX Primary Interest: Other Jan 29, 2019 #7 Show/send pictures to the nearest natural history museum. Chances are a staff member can ID it. Upvote 0
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 29, 2019 #8 Looks like a plain rock but no one can really ever know!!!!!!! Upvote 0
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 29, 2019 #9 Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy Upvote 0
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,021 Reaction score 28,183 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 30, 2019 #10 It certainly looks like an Indigenous tool to me. You may want to consider posting it here... North American Indian Artifacts Welcome to the Tnet forums! Dave Upvote 0
It certainly looks like an Indigenous tool to me. You may want to consider posting it here... North American Indian Artifacts Welcome to the Tnet forums! Dave
routhledge Tenderfoot Joined Jan 30, 2019 Messages 2 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Richmond Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 30, 2019 #11 I think this find is much older. It's necessary to consult in this matter with experts in this topic. Upvote 0
I think this find is much older. It's necessary to consult in this matter with experts in this topic.