skelly9131 Full Member Joined Jan 12, 2010 Messages 124 Reaction score 9 Golden Thread 0 Feb 17, 2010 #1 Came across this half last week. Would it be considered an off center or broadstrike? Attachments half_off_center.webp 57.7 KB · Views: 354 Upvote 0
C craigpcdmc Jr. Member Joined Feb 3, 2010 Messages 69 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Feb 17, 2010 #2 I have found coins like this. I think they are a broad strike. they are more common though
T tim2357 Jr. Member Joined Oct 23, 2009 Messages 89 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Feb 17, 2010 #3 skelly9131 said: Came across this half last week. Would it be considered an off center or broadstrike? Click to expand... I've seen dozens of them, but I always throw them back. I think they would have to be really off center to be worth much http://reviews.ebay.com/The-differe...d-off-center-error_W0QQugidZ10000000003198942
skelly9131 said: Came across this half last week. Would it be considered an off center or broadstrike? Click to expand... I've seen dozens of them, but I always throw them back. I think they would have to be really off center to be worth much http://reviews.ebay.com/The-differe...d-off-center-error_W0QQugidZ10000000003198942
C craigpcdmc Jr. Member Joined Feb 3, 2010 Messages 69 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Feb 17, 2010 #4 according to the ebay guide it's a broadstrike
whitesid Bronze Member Joined Aug 7, 2006 Messages 1,794 Reaction score 124 Golden Thread 0 Location earth Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 17, 2010 #5 there so common, it would be a miracle if you can find someone who will pay anything more that face for them
there so common, it would be a miracle if you can find someone who will pay anything more that face for them
FingerGrime Hero Member Joined Mar 3, 2009 Messages 814 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Location Kentucky Feb 18, 2010 #6 They are only off-center if both sides appear to be off center.
E Emperor Findus Cladius Bronze Member Joined Sep 2, 2004 Messages 1,831 Reaction score 46 Golden Thread 0 Location TX Detector(s) used Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 18, 2010 #7 It is a mis-aligned die strike. Very common.
SFBayArea Bronze Member Joined Aug 28, 2009 Messages 2,260 Reaction score 31 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used White's MXT Feb 18, 2010 #8 You should just spend it at your local gas station or grocery store.