What's new

Is this bullet a Spencer? (or modern?)

BladeRunner2019

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,776
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all.

Diameter is a hair over .50, so I would think it's a .52 caliber. Weight is 396 grains.

It was found in the area where other bullets have come from. I think it's CW, but that is some heavy rifling marks. The .44 Colt was found about 10 yards from it and is there for size comparison.

Thanks for any insight.

qszhBxJ.jpg


QzKBLrB.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I think that's exactly what you have. Nice save's :icon_thumright:
 
I agree, looks like a fired Spencer.

D.
 
I totally agree. Nice.
 
Cool, thanks everyone for the help. I'm sure you veteran CW hunters get tired of our newbie questions. :laughing7:

I actually found a small iron chain that same day and I was going to post it to see if it might be military related, but I didn't want to embarrass myself. Sometimes a chain is just a chain. :laughing7:

Thanks again.:icon_thumright:
 
Cool, thanks everyone for the help. I'm sure you veteran CW hunters get tired of our newbie questions. :laughing7:

I actually found a small iron chain that same day and I was going to post it to see if it might be military related, but I didn't want to embarrass myself. Sometimes a chain is just a chain. :laughing7:

Thanks again.:icon_thumright:

I Concur with the others ..Def, Spencer .

Also IMHO , NO QUESTION IS TO STUPID OR fro me to common where I would turn my nose up .heck you could ask about a Square nail & I would hit the ' Like' button & maybe reply .
If we never ask we never learn so PLEASE ask on.

GL & Nice Colt & Fired Spencer .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom